Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2021, 06:35 AM   #1

Travel in Northeast in 2021

I have planned a long trip from Texas to the N Carolina coast then up the cost to Maine with many stops along the way. Leaving Maine headed to Wisconsin take ferry across Lake Michigan then slowly head toward home.
I am wondering if Covid-19 is going to impact this trip as it did last summer. (I had this trip scheduled for last summer but did not make it due to Covid issues in some of the states we needed to go through). Both of us are vaccinated first shot with second scheduled on FEB 11. Our departure is planned for May 14th.

I am hoping with the shot card we will be able to make it.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2021, 07:00 AM   #2

We traveled from Michigan to Florida this past week with the only issues being lots of unmasked people the further south we went.

Gas stations and most restaurants are still open but some restaurants will probably have reduced occupancy.

We use RVTripwizard to plan our trips. They give you campground info ie phone, ratings, reviews including info on closures. You might check them out.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:34 AM   #3
IC2

I get the Maine travel information every few days. Currently it's y'all come visit: https://visitmaine.com/. I hope you are planning New Hampshire, Vermont and the North/Adirondacks of New York as well

In Upstate NY we are settling back from a significant COVID surge from the past holidays and expect that by summer that we can travel after our shots rather then stay hunkered down in a seasonal site.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Won’t be a problem even though January was the deadliest month so far. The new 100 days will solve the problem as even NY is finally starting to open up.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:37 AM   #5

Quote:
I get the Maine travel information every few days. Currently it's y'all come visit: https://visitmaine.com/. I hope you are planning New Hampshire, Vermont and the North/Adirondacks of New York as well

Thanks IC2

We will be spending time in all the northeast states. This will be our second trip through that area. Last trip we stayed in the Adirondacks longer than planned. There is so much history in that part of the country it makes it very interesting + the beautiful scenery.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:27 AM   #6

If I could predict the future my stock market investments would be doing much better! In this case you like many of us are itching to travel. Our plan is to continue to camp but maintain safe policies and social distancing. We wear masks when time of exposure and distance guidelines are applicable. We do not go into crowded buildings or any restaurants. And we wash hands alot.
The vaccine will protect you but you can still be a carrier. Many people in the areas you plan to travel to may not have had their vaccine so keep to the plan. And you can still enjoy the trip, even more so knowing you helped local tourism and kept everyone safe.
TIME2CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:33 AM   #7
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewebb View Post
Thanks IC2

We will be spending time in all the northeast states. This will be our second trip through that area. Last trip we stayed in the Adirondacks longer than planned. There is so much history in that part of the country it makes it very interesting + the beautiful scenery.

Can I also suggest that if you end up in Maine that a trip to at least New Brunswick (Bay of Fundy/Hopewell Rocks) and possibly Nova Scotia/Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island, assuming the border reopens. Some beautiful CGs there, private and provincial. If you don't have time, at least Lubec, Maine and across the bridge to Campobello Island and FD Roosevelt's beautiful summer home. There is only a single CG in Lubec which most like tho we didn't care much fot it.

One of the Lake Champlain ferry's from VT to NY and the Adirondacks is always interesting. We end up on the Essex-Charlotte ferry with and without our 5er several times a year since we spend most of the summer peak season at a seasonal site overlooking Lake Champlain.

Happy planing - we are doing some for that area again as well
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #8

We traveled from Fl to Maine last summer for 3 months. Also stopping in NY and several other states.
We had no issues. We did cancel our westward section of the trip just because I felt that many of the places I wanted to go to would be operating in "limp" mode and decided to wait until this year for the western US loop.
We have all our reservations set for NC,NY and Maine for this summer. We'll wing it as we head west.
PanJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel