Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2022, 07:25 PM   #1

Traveling in Montana

Hi everybody,

This August I'm up in Montana for a couple of weeks or so in my Thor ACE 27.2. Visiting a friend in Whitefish, fly fishing, etc. My wife is flying back to SoCal from Kalispell, and I'm spending a couple of nights in a cabin on the Kootenai River, which looks to have some good wade fishing. I'd like to explore around there--the town is Troy, MT. Maybe spend a couple of nights boondocking. I have a small 4 x 4 for exploring, and have the dog with me (Lola the wonder pointing Griffon.) Anybody have some thoughts?
richguess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2022, 08:02 PM   #2

My thought is that a WPG is a fine camp companion. Never camp alone!
And I wish you good fishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_185904_resized.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	362578   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_165544_resized.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	362579  

Old 04-15-2022, 08:16 PM   #3

Post back which one catches most fish....you or the wonder dog
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:17 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Montana is beautiful ,we will be going in our 2022 newmar bay star 3124 staying at glacier rv park in early May then we will be moving from calif to Montana in july ,we can't wait
Fattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:30 PM   #5

Name:	B35CA3BA-AC1A-4A39-8A57-2A46BDBB29EA.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	362598

Name:	AEAFB477-10E4-43DF-AB22-5723189FDB80.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	833.5 KB
ID:	362599

Couldn’t rotate. She is a fine companion.
richguess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:16 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richguess View Post
Hi everybody,

This August I'm up in Montana for a couple of weeks or so in my Thor ACE 27.2. Visiting a friend in Whitefish, fly fishing, etc. My wife is flying back to SoCal from Kalispell, and I'm spending a couple of nights in a cabin on the Kootenai River, which looks to have some good wade fishing. I'd like to explore around there--the town is Troy, MT. Maybe spend a couple of nights boondocking. I have a small 4 x 4 for exploring, and have the dog with me (Lola the wonder pointing Griffon.) Anybody have some thoughts?
Troy, Libby, Kootenai, you really can't go wrong!
Make sure to have a burger and beer at the Dirty Shame Saloon in Yaak. Whitetail campground on the Yaak River is really some of the best "boondocking" in the area. If you have a 4x4 their are no boundaries except your fuel level. Kootenai River RV park in Troy is very nice too. Chris and Marcie are a hoot and know every backroad in the area, and are happy to clue you in on trails/off road destinations you'll never forget. Have Fun!
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 06:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
Troy, Libby, Kootenai, you really can't go wrong!
Make sure to have a burger and beer at the Dirty Shame Saloon in Yaak. Whitetail campground on the Yaak River is really some of the best "boondocking" in the area. If you have a 4x4 their are no boundaries except your fuel level. Kootenai River RV park in Troy is very nice too. Chris and Marcie are a hoot and know every backroad in the area, and are happy to clue you in on trails/off road destinations you'll never forget. Have Fun!
X2 for Kootenai River Campground. Chris and Marcie made an impression on us and are the good of hosts as they come KOOTENAI RIVER CAMPGROUND - Home
We were there two years ago and will be back the end of May for a couple days on our way to Alaska
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana, travel