Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2018, 05:37 AM   #15

We are just returning from there! Stayed at branches. Only downside is where we were at, not much shade. Otherwise beautiful.
JeanneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2018, 05:55 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
We stayed at the Southwoods RV Resort in Byron, NY. About an hour from Niagra Falls, but it was conveniently located so that we could also visit Letchworth State Park also called the Grand Canyon of the east. Beautiful park with a lot of water falls. You can also visit some of the Finger Lakes but we moved down to Bath, NY for those visits. Lots of wineries and Watkins Glen is beautiful.
We recently stayed @ Southwoods for several days while visiting both Niagra Falls & the Erie Canal. Wonderful park! Very affordable with excellent wifi, 2 pools & caring staff.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #17

If you come up rt 15 / I99 in PA you arrive in NY near Corning... worth a stop at the Museum of Glass, watkins Glen & Finger Lakes wineries /breweries close by and The Glen Curtis museum in Hammondsport another worthwhile stop.
Agree Letchworth another wonderful park.
Winemaker2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:59 AM   #18

Stayed at Yogi Bear campground on the Canadian side of the falls. You will need a passport though. Nice sites, swimming pool, water slide, and shuttles to the falls.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
dper0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:25 AM   #19

Check I to State parks/ county parks. My husband and I have been on the road since Sept 17 and have had some great luck with these parks and very reasonable. Happy travels
Groot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:48 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
http://www.niagarafallscampground.com/
BruceNeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:54 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceNeu View Post
Nice location, very close to the border, lots of shopping nearby, and they have tour buses that pick you up for seeing the Falls.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #22

IMHO I would not take my RV to Canada just to find a camping spot. Too many ways to screw up at the border. By all means enjoy the Canadian hospitality with your towed IF YOU HAVE A PASSPORT. The Canadians will let you in but the US will not let you back without either a Passport or Secure Drivers License if Tennessee issues them.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:09 AM   #23

We also stayed at the Koa, typical Koa. But, if your going into Niagara they have the shuttle stop at the front gate, we didn’t use the towed at all, after we got back and I was talking to my insurance agent he told me I should have told them and they would have sent different insurance cards, I had just asked if I was covered, check with your cellular carrier, we just turned ours off but on a different trip to Maine we got to close to the boarder and got fringe roaming, they took most of it off the bill but that was pricey
Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
T-Mobile service is free in Canada and Mexico and heard that Verizon is going that way too.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermaleewalt View Post
Will be traveling from Jonesborough, Tn. to Niagara Falls next two weeks...any good camping sites you recommend, or sites to see as we go?
We stayed at Niagara Lazy Lakes because it is part of our membership in Resorts of Distinction so it didn't cost us anything. See the falls from the Canadian side. Much prettier and no homeless hastle. Also take in the show on the Canadian side, "OH Canada, Eh!" Dinner and theater. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
BobnShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
We stayed at the Grand Island KOA about a month ago for 4 nights its super clean if that's important to you but not cheap... Only about 5 minutes to the falls...
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:14 AM   #27

I'm starting to work on a trip from Indiana to Niagara and on further east (possibly up to Acadia) for next summer. A couple of things on our tentative route that might line up with your trip are Cuyahoga Valley National Park (south of Cleveland, OH) and Letchworth State Park (in northwest NY).

IIRC, both are about 4 hrs from Niagara so too much for a day trip but might be worth an overnight stop on your way to or from Niagara.
Pete
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
I'm starting to work on a trip from Indiana to Niagara and on further east (possibly up to Acadia) for next summer. A couple of things on our tentative route that might line up with your trip are Cuyahoga Valley National Park (south of Cleveland, OH) and Letchworth State Park (in northwest NY).

IIRC, both are about 4 hrs from Niagara so too much for a day trip but might be worth an overnight stop on your way to or from Niagara.
Pete
Stop at Cuyahoga either coming or going. I think they have camping. That makes Niagara Falls a reasonable short day. Cleveland and Buffalo both have significant rush hour traffic. Keep that in mind.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel