Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tybee Island/River's End Campground

....Have you been there and how was it. I found out any parking o/s park is $$$, even beach parking. Let me hear how you did or did not like it.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
Sites are close together and when it is full it really does feel 'tight'. Not really oceanside and it is a few blocls to the actual ocean. When we got there, there were "no swimming" signs all over the place. We could see the cargo carriers stop offshore and wait for the pilot boat to come out and drop the pilot off. As far as the CG itself, I would rate it about a 6 out of ten. General area? about an 8.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We go to savannah several times a year. We always stay at Skideaway state park. I had a couple of customers who had things stolen there.(Tybee) The main street runs next to the parked campers and people driving by stop, jump out and grab chairs, small tables, latterns, etc.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
........Thanks Doc & ga traveler, that was the answer I was looking for, I appreciate your reply's. Travel safe,
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stayed there a week in the spring. Nice park and friendly folks. As others have said it is a few blocks from the beach and you do have to pay to park. Not extremely expensive in my opinion. I think it was about $1 an hour and the machines only take credit cards. Several nice beach type shops, sports bars and restaurants in the beach area. I would probably give it a 6 out of 10 as well. 7 if it wasn't so far off the beaten path and the fact that you drive through downtown Savannah with your rig.

Now if your into history then you can give it an 8 just because it's so close to Savannah and all the history. If your a Paula Dean fan you can eat at her restaurant! Great food.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground