Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Red face Walt Disney RV Resort

Heading down to see Mickey with the granddaughters the first part of April.
Is there anything I should prepare for other than long days.
Regarding the resort/park itself W/D has have assured us that everything will be available and waiting our arrival!

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
wbryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #2

Yall will have a great time we are there at least 8x per year. Golfcarts are fun to have at the fort, either bring one or rent one. If you rent a cart do not rent from disney very $$ ,if you want more info pm me
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #3

Fort wilderness is your typical Disney first class operation. Lots of stuff for the kids to do right there. If you have room for bikes s for everyone, bring them. The campground is huge and bikes will free you up from waiting for a shuttle.
As with all Disney operations, bring your large checkbook. Your small one just won't do. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Ed
ed6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Tom,
New to this what does PM mean?
wbryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbryson View Post
Tom,
New to this what does PM mean?
Private message/mail
Old 02-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Once in the camp site, you really don't need a vehicle to get anywhere in the park. Shuttle buses stop at about every corner and can take you to all destinations.
Ya'll will definitely enjoy.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #7

Fort Wilderness charges a premium not only because it can but it's a feature laden park. They have horsies and pools, and two trading posts, you can take friendship boats to the park, you can pick up the buses to the park, you can also arrange golf carts from secondary companies (in peak demand periods the Disney ones are gone and they do charge a premium). You have the best buffet in the world (Although I-Drive and W Irlo Bronson have quite a few good places as well). There are MANY loops some are pet loops. Each loop has its advantages and disadvantages.

I would suggest trying fort fiends Fort Fiends - Articles - Fort Fiends website and forums they know a lot there. They can even get you in touch with a master woodworker who makes those signs (you'll know what I mean when you get there).

As well you can get an "Annual Passport" which gives you free parking/discounts/unlimited admission) if you do decide to spend lots of nights it can be a savings over tickets/packages. You can also "pulse" it to get 2 summers worth of admission (late the first year, early the second) as well as a couple of vacations between. Useful if you have kids or grandkids.

Not that I know a lot about these things or anything.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
Fort Wilderness charges a premium not only because it can but it's a feature laden park. They have horsies and pools, and two trading posts, you can take friendship boats to the park, you can pick up the buses to the park, you can also arrange golf carts from secondary companies (in peak demand periods the Disney ones are gone and they do charge a premium). You have the best buffet in the world (Although I-Drive and W Irlo Bronson have quite a few good places as well). There are MANY loops some are pet loops. Each loop has its advantages and disadvantages.

I would suggest trying fort fiends Fort Fiends - Articles - Fort Fiends website and forums they know a lot there. They can even get you in touch with a master woodworker who makes those signs (you'll know what I mean when you get there).

As well you can get an "Annual Passport" which gives you free parking/discounts/unlimited admission) if you do decide to spend lots of nights it can be a savings over tickets/packages. You can also "pulse" it to get 2 summers worth of admission (late the first year, early the second) as well as a couple of vacations between. Useful if you have kids or grandkids.

Not that I know a lot about these things or anything.
I highly recommend fortfiends also I did not know if it was ok to recommend on open forum ( I was going to tell you in the pm)
Old 02-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #9

If it's not ok sorry! delete the post.

Disney has an active community, you can find many helpful websites out there that even give the menus, tips on plans of attacks, things to do at resorts (you can visit the resorts without actually staying just can't use the pools/etc but look at the architecture/restaurants and "hidden mickey" locations.

We spend over a month of quality Disney time (Yes even Tokyo Disney Seas/Disneyland). each year. I first went to Disney when I was in my mummies womb.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #10

We took 2 of our grand daughters to Fort Wilderness about 2 years ago for 10 days. We started with the buses, but sometimes they are slow to arrive and I got tired of waiting for them. The golf carts are expensive, but we rented one the last 5 days we were there and loved it. The girls really enjoyed us having one. We all went to the swimming pool at night and had a blast. The girls were then completely worn out.

We ended up spending more time at the 2 water parks than I had planned on. They are both fantastic. Don't forget them.

We did not buy any of the food packages and that worked out well for us.

The more days that you stay, the cheaper the park tickets are. We bought the Park Hopper option and used that feature many times.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprubi View Post

The more days that you stay, the cheaper the park tickets are. We bought the Park Hopper option and used that feature many times.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Look into the Annual Passport if enough days are in order I forget the break even period. the added benefit is that you have "free" admission if you return within a year (AP starts on the first day not calendar year). If you do both coasts they have a new Every Park in the US (Disneyland/California Adventure plus WDW). With most AP's you also get access to the two water parks, events at World of Sports and Disney Quest).

Now for Harry Potter you need to look at Universal...

Oh be prepared to bring lots of memory for your camera. Usual tricks such as Publix/Wal-Mart. don't forget to enjoy your Churros and Dole Whips.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
If it's not ok sorry! delete the post.

I was not saying it was not ok I just was not sure if it was,do yall live in florida?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
FW is probably a 12/12/12 on good sam
The one thing we did on the 4th night or so is what we should have done the first night !!!

The Chipmunk characters were at the 'drive-in' and so we went there for the kids...

The kids sitting around on 'logs' watching a movie with the chipmunks was magic !!!

And don't you know the little movie they showed had an EXCELLENT orientation on the park that would have been great the first night
Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #14

Not me personally. But some parental units may have a property there. Also at the age where Disney plays a prominent role in life. AP's also give access to water parks. Another perk. If I was in FL they'd be very cheap. (Discount for residents).

Pirates in FL is truncated vs ca. However its a small world is like a lagoon instead of a flume. Both coasts have differences even within the same ride. Some things were removed and replaced with different attractions in both. Fantasyland in ca is undergoing a transformation.

While in the area you can do many things off-site on this or next trip. Universal, Seaworld (including a separate extra cost premium park where you can interact in small groups with dolphins etc. You can do indoor "skydiving" (safer than the real thing) and if you want can even pay money to go up or fly a vintage air craft. There really is multiple vacations there.

The Jokes on the Jungle Cruise... Priceless.

I would suggest if you are getting park hopper/standard tickets to plan at least one non-ticket day to do stuff in Fort Wilderness since it's a destination unto itself.