Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
This was a nice place to stay until Elite bought it. The staff was fired a few days before we got there. Now the price has gone up to $40 a day and if you make reservations you will have to pay the whole amount and if you cancel you will not get a refund !! No more free newspaper,trash pickup,and they no longer sell Propane. The pool was down most of the two weeks we were there. Elite wants to sell the lots for starting price of $49,500 and up to over $80,000.If you are renting a site and someone buys it you will be moved to another site. Elite gave a lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers with the manager giving a speech of how things were going to be. He received several boos during the speech, but it is a take it or leave it.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We will not stay at Rock Crusher in Crystal River again

This was a nice place to stay until Elite bought it. The staff was fired a few days before we got there. Now the price has gone up to $40 a day and if you make reservations you will have to pay the whole amount and if you cancel you will not get a refund !! No more free newspaper,trash pickup,and they no longer sell Propane. The pool was down most of the two weeks we were there. Elite wants to sell the lots for starting price of $49,500 and up to over $80,000.If you are renting a site and someone buys it you will be moved to another site. Elite gave a lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers with the manager giving a speech of how things were going to be. He received several boos during the speech, but it is a take it or leave it.
Tom
Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 AM   #3
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi all,

Hey diandtom,

Sorry you stay was not that nice, but I am glad you were there and we all had time to visit and go out to dinner !!! Today the owners here are haveing a pool party with wine, beer and munchies to tell us all about owning your own lot! Also what to expect for Seasonal and monthly renters!! Since it is now going to be a 55+ park, I guess I wil find out if I am even welcome back next year or not !!! Hey like the saying goes there are plenty of fish in the sea !!! As a matter of fact tomorrow I am going to check out Rice Creek in Riverview and Hawaiian Isles in Ruskin. If anyone has info on either place let me know pro or con !!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #4

They own the campground and can make the rules. Its up to you and me if we want to follow them or not. This is the reason I've changed campgrounds more then once or twice. I just hate it when people think I've got to jump when they are using my money.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
That's why we have wheels under our rigs, so we can move on down the road when something doesn't suit us right.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
RC should now be called a mobile home park, rather than a campground.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #7

Man I am really sorry to hear this about Rock Crusher Canyon. It was to be my next park in Florida. Have had so many say it was a great place. This does not sound like something I want any part of. The beauty of RV'g, you have a choice, albeit they are becoming less and less.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i agree with Hitchhiker we can move when we want
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #9

Rock Crusher was a nice place. We stayed there in '07. This year I found it had been sold to Elite Resorts. We called Elite Resorts to inquire about staying at "Elite Resort at Crystal River" (the new name for Rock Crusher Canyon). We were told to call back after Jan. 12. On Jan 13, we called back and got an answering machine. We left a message that we would like to make a reservation, gave them the dates and our phone number. It is now Jan 30 and we have not heard one word from Elite Resorts.

Tom N: I see you are in Crystal River.What CG would you recommend? We tried Lake Rousseau -- no luck. Currently booked for Turtle Creek in Homosassa Springs.
Chas
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Chas,
Turtle Creek is a nice CG. Most of the CG are RVs that stay there year around. The park is well maintained. There are a lot of trees.

North of Crystal River is Nature's Coast Landings. It is right in Rt 19, next to the Old Florida Barge Canal.

Very near Crystal River is:
Crystal Isles RV Park 888-783-6763). It is an ENCORE park. Nicely kept. If you have a boat there are sites with a dock.

Quail Roost RV CG 352-563-0404

Near Homosassa is:
Nature's Resort 800-301-7880
Covered Wagon CG 352-628-4669

Of the bunch, I like Turtle Creek and Nature's Coast Landings the best.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I just wonder how Rock Crusher will be doing next year ?? We stayed at Nature's Resort and it was ok. The staff was friendly and the rates were a little better. (much better than Rock Crusher now) Last year we waited too late to get into Rock Crusher.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Just back from a couple of weeks there. It's still a nice park with some of the largest sites going. Didn't see very many sites sold. Office staff is still very friendly and the people in the park are great. Did hear many complaints from snowbirds re their no refund policy with several saying they would not reserve till next fall. Didn't find the weekly rate all that bad. Did learn that they only bought the park and not the area in front where the wash area and propane were. Also looks like a new entrance will be in next year. I think I'll still have it on my list for next year.

Bill
Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #13

Just to clarify, DiandTom stated they stayed at Nature's Resort. That is in Homosassa, not the same as Nature Coast Landings, which is about 7 miles north of Crystal River. It(NCL) borders the state park land along the barge canal which has a nice bike trail to the gulf plus a boat ramp. It is a newer (5yrs?) park with all individually owned lots, many of which are in the rental pool, so rentals are available. Nature's Resort in Homossassa is an older park with some waterfront (back?) sites along canals to what I believe is Hall's River. Either park is convenient for boaters/fishing.

Just didn't want folks confused by the similiar names, thinking they were both the same place, because we've often seen that confusion before. In the interest of full disclosure, we are lot owners at NCL.

Lois Miller
rosegramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #14

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago, the beach and lake were closed, staff was friendly enough, Restrooms were clean. Called to make a reservation for Dec, Receptionist was quite snippy and seemed to take pleasure in telling me I couldn't make a reservation until Oct.
(Hank Williams, Jr show Dec 6 at the amphitheatre.) Exccept for shows I will also stay elsewhere.
smilnjac is offline   Reply With Quote