Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #15

Great Blues in addition to Country, I make a point of visiting BB Kings every time I am there. There is also football, you might see if the Titans will be playing while you are in town. Also check the Parthenon, a scale reproduction of the Greek original.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #16

Opryland is basically a big mall. It is interesting to walk around and see the indoor gardens and atrium. The actual music hall is in a different building, and you need to pay for tickets to go see anyone there. The shows were quite short, so we didn't bother. We did go downtown at night, and in the day to hear great music. Most bars have three floors, with a different band on each level. Live music is alive and well in Nashville. Don't forget to take your ID. We had one friend who was 56, and couldn't get into any of the bars because she forgot her ID. She has kids older than everyone working there, but they wouldn't let her in almost any of the bars. I think the Jack Daniels distillery is close by. Next time we go, we are going to check it out. We stayed just outside of the downtown, and took a twenty dollar Uber into town. I think one of the rv parks has a shuttle, but the one we stayed at didn't. Cant remember the name.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:08 AM   #17

I was going to ask about any wineries for my wife. The Jack Daniel Distillery came up in the previous post, but it is closer to Chattanooga. Does Nashville have the small shops and liquor/wine sample shops like Pigeon Forge has?

I haven't decided yet on what campground, but the KOA looks to be the best option.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I was going to ask about any wineries for my wife. The Jack Daniel Distillery came up in the previous post, but it is closer to Chattanooga. Does Nashville have the small shops and liquor/wine sample shops like Pigeon Forge has?

I haven't decided yet on what campground, but the KOA looks to be the best option.
Belle Meade is a horse farm, plantation and they have wine tasting as well. I haven't been there yet but it has been recommended to me.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:18 AM   #19

Give your belly a treat it won't soon forget. Drive a little south to the Loveless Cafe.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Brooks of Brooks and Dunn has a winery just south of Nashville.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
Give your belly a treat it won't soon forget. Drive a little south to the Loveless Cafe.
Yuummm - I love breakfast restaurants, but that may be a little to far just to eat breakfast.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
Brooks of Brooks and Dunn has a winery just south of Nashville.
Uh Uh - my wife loves Brooks and Dunn and wine!!
Old 02-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #23

What to Do In Nashville?

Belle Mead is definitely worth it. The Opry Mills Outlet was not worth it for me. Same outlet stores as all the other.
Tour the Opryland hotel and eat there. This is amazing at Christmas.
Broadway is a must. There are some phenomenal musicians there. We saw a 13 year girl that blew everyone away. Practically the whole street stopped to watch her.
Not much parking. We stayed at the campground on Opryland drive that had a shuttle to take us to Broadway.
tundranurse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Yuummm - I love breakfast restaurants, but that may be a little to far just to eat breakfast.
"just to eat breakfast" It is better than just breakfast, no other breakfast will ever be anything but just breakfast after breakfast at Loveless Cafe
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote