Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
There is a Ruby Falls near Helen GA. The 1st weekend in June there is a hot air balloon race from Helen to the coast. There is also 2 bike rallys that happen to be there that weekend. US Rider News magazine and the Victory Motorcycle Club (VMC) S.E. Rally. They merged to draw more vendors to the event.
If you like motorcyles you will really enjoy the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. In fact you will enjoy it even if you don't much care for motorcycles:
Harley-Davidson Museum® | Harley-Davidson USA

Milwaukee had some surprisingly interesting places. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the resaurant with the spy theme. Never seen anything like it, and the food was good too.

Not a big thing but something I spotted just walking down the street was a small nameplate on a door:
Law Offices of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Not a big thing but something I spotted just walking down the street was a small nameplate on a door:
Law Offices of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.
Okay...I told that joke 20 years ago in Miami...where I worked in diesel engine sales with Arthur Dewey and Larry Cheatum. I kidded in a meeting of the sales team that all we needed was somebody named Howe...to form a perfect law firm.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #45

We have knocked 40-some items off the Bucket List, but more keep jumping in it.

Here is a sampling of our first couple of years. Maybe some ideas for you. Some are out-of-the-way gems!

Happy Trails

http://davenola.blogspot.com/?m=1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
West Michigan, including the most besutigul
Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #47

Iron Man,

SUSH!!!!
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #48

My Destinations Database

I have been working on a database for several years of places that might be interesting to visit while RVing. It is heavy on museums--militiary and aviation--nature and geology and restaurants. I am happy to share it with other RVers.

The best feature is the ability to use your smart phone GPS capability to find nearby attractions wherever you are. I just added the capability to display destinations on a google map.

You can access it on your smartphone at:

Destinations Mobile

and on your home computer at:

Destinations

Let me know what you think and send me your suggestions.
McLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmurrah View Post
I have been working on a database for several years of places that might be interesting to visit while RVing. It is heavy on museums--militiary and aviation--nature and geology and restaurants. I am happy to share it with other RVers.

The best feature is the ability to use your smart phone GPS capability to find nearby attractions wherever you are. I just added the capability to display destinations on a google map.

You can access it on your smartphone at:

Destinations Mobile Public

and on your home computer at:

Destinations

Let me know what you think and send me your suggestions.
Thanks, this looks amazing. I think I will spend a lot of time with this and will get back to you with comments. so far the only comment I have is there are too many food places that show up when I look for museums.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Thanks, this looks amazing. I think I will spend a lot of time with this and will get back to you with comments. so far the only comment I have is there are too many food places that show up when I look for museums.
You can filter by type and select only museums. Look for "Type" and use the drop down menu to select "Museums (All Types)" or a specific type.
McLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #51

Try to make it to Joseph OR and eat the Ruben sandwich at Stubborn Mule Saloon....Then in Fields OR do the strawberry milkshake and find the mustangs in the Steens Mountains....Over in Demming NM go to the Adobe Delie for the 2nd best Ruben.....then after you do Quartzsite AZ head into Cochise County AZ....on the east side....much more lush and lots fewer people.....head down the Salmon River from North Fork Idaho and boondock at Spring Creek, canoe around a bit, meet the bears, wolf, and otter....go over to Panther Creek and see why they named it panther....take in the Silver State Classic Open Road Car Race down Nevada 318....buy a collector car at the Tubac AZ car show.....
Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions

Interesting resource for offbeat attractions. For example, in Aiken, SC, near where I live and far from the ocean there are lobster races. Really.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FMCA Magazine for November has a nice article on
National Museum of the Pacific War, Fredericksburg, TX.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #54

Toured Michagan and all the Great Lake this summer.
Was the best. Want to go back.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
We went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fest 2 years ago and that was a great sight and trip...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #56

A Few More

In San Diego there is the Zoo and then there is the Wildlife Park, best seen at dusk. somewhere in southern Al. there is a petrified forest. Steamtown USA in Scranton PA is interesting. Try to visit either of the National Radio Astronomy Observatories, Socorro, NM or Green Bank, WV. Whatever you do, don't be in a hurry. I predict this will be the largest thread ever. Bob
BobThompson is offline   Reply With Quote