Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks to everyone, I have been taking notes of everything you've sent and every place you've mentioned. From the list I get that Washington has a lot all around the state (except Seattle), in SD basically is all around Rapid City, in Idaho is all around Twin Falls, few places in ND and the northern area around Spokane. I appreciate it very much.
RCouttolenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
After reviewing what’s already been mentioned, will add these:

North Cascades National Park
Anacortes, WA
Leavenworth, WA
Red Lodge, MT
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
After reviewing what’s already been mentioned, will add these:

North Cascades National Park
Anacortes, WA
Leavenworth, WA
Red Lodge, MT
Glad someone mentioned Leavenworth, Wa..
It is just beautiful!
harleydu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:23 AM   #18

In Idaho Twin Falls would not be on my list. Hot, not much there other than the falls, which by mid summer have little water in most years. I would hit West Yellowstone, the Island Park area, over to Arco and Craters of the Moon, and then to Hailey/Sun Valley, up to Stanley, and then through Banks to Boise. From Boise I would go to McCall, up to Couer D' Alene and then either west to Washington or east to Montana.
marsingbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #19

Stanley, Idaho would be our choice - the Sawtooth Mountains and great trout fishing.

Twin Falls, ID - no.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCouttolenc View Post
We are traveling across 48 states, we have visited 36 so far.
Now it is time to go to Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and both Dakotas, there are way too many miles to drive on these states.
What do you recommend other than Yellowstone, Seattle area and Boise which are on the list.
We like cities and towns, landscapes and monuments, lakes, waterfalls and beautiful views. We do not ride bikes, hiking nor trails, easy stuff we are retired and seniors.
Why?

Go to the places YOU enjoy, forget trying to check off Boxes, IMHO there is a LifeTime of things to see and do in Each, so Slow Down and Smell/Enjoy the Roses and the time in each state.

If you were to Put together a List it would be a Book.

My suggestion would be to Just follow the Sunsets, talk to and Meet new friends and Keep the weather Pleasant - that would make for a Successful Trip.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #21

Idaho - Stanley/Sawtooths Yes[emoji106], also north of CDA go up to Sandpoint also, wonderful here! Then take highway 2 east. If you prefer less populated route and mountains, wonderful sights stay on 2 then up to Winthrop and take the Cascades Hwy, Hwy 20 for the best of WA.
MCRV Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #22

Someone mentioned Anacortes WA. While there, take a trip on the WA State Ferry thru the San Juan Islands. Get a ferry schedule in Anacortes and figure out which boat stops at Lopez, Shaw, Orcas Islands on the way to FH, and when it leaves. Be at the dock well before the ferry is scheduled to leave. Avoid holidays and weekends. Buy a walk on ticket to Friday Harbor. Get off in FH, have lunch, then get back on a ferry and travel back. (No island except San Juan/Friday Harbor has much to see near the ferry dock)
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #23

Not quite in South Dakota but Ft Robinson SP just west of Crawford Nebraska is just south of the Black Hills area. It’s excellent for the history buff and has very nice camping and other activities.
pfm41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #24

Beartooth Hwy, Mesa Falls & Big Spring near West Yellowstone, many places in the Black Hills incl Tatanka, Jackson WY, Cody WY, Columbia River Gorge, Sisters/Bend OR area, Willapa Bay WA for fried oysters, Lake Chelan WA,
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #25

Did this trip in 2017. Fort Laramie, Crater Lake and Rushmore were probably my favorites. Yellowstone was pretty but I was not prepared for the traffic cluster and terrible RV parking throughout the park.
Fushux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #26
doc

Appalachian Campers
Too many places to even start to suggest. What I will remark on is the number of White Pelicans you see in eastern N Dakota. It took me a while to figure out what we were seeing. Amazing to see what I always considered shore birds that far from an ocean. I know we see gray pelicans at the beach.
doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #27

Jayco Owners Club
Something I didn't see mentioned was Flathead lake and river in Montana.

Flathead lake has some amazing viewing as well as going up to Colombia Falls to view some of the amazing areas between there and Glacier Park.

Also, if you can wait until early to mid fall, you can view Bald Eagles swooping down to grab Salmon out of the Flathead river. It's an amazing site to see them grab the Salmon. There are many areas to view this before getting into the park but I'm not sure about taking your motorhome up there. Maybe just camp and unhook your toad and drive up the hyway.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:59 AM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
When seeing Rushmore and Crazy horse don't forget to see mammoth site. Also Little Big Horn.
^^^X2^^^https://www.mammothsite.org/