Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2021, 10:40 AM   #1

Where to go and what to do

Our special needs son needs to take a week off before the end of the year. So we decided to schedule a trip the 2nd week of November. We're in Maryland and weather risks are pushing us south. We're thiinking of Tennessee and/or Kentucky.

Brad enjoys museums, zoos, etc and even mentioned he'd like to see Elvis's house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to stay and things to see? Boondocking is preferred but not neccessary.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Check out the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. If he enjoys baseball you can check out the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame in Cincinnati, about 80 north of Lexington.
If you go over toward Bowling Green there is Monmouth Cave National park in the western section of Kentucky.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
Check out the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. If he enjoys baseball you can check out the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame in Cincinnati, about 80 north of Lexington.

If you go over toward Bowling Green there is Monmouth Cave National park in the western section of Kentucky.
I was about to suggest the Horse Park myself, but the website states its season ends on October 31. Bowling Green is a great suggestion. Check out the Corvette Museum to see if it's open. Also south of there are the Smokies where there will be opportunities. Finally, there is a wonderful aquarium (actually two, 1 freshwater, 1 saltwater) in Chattanooga if that's not too far for you. Good luck with your travels. I wish you all a great time.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:29 PM   #4

You mention Graceland (Elvis Home) there is alot to see and do in the Memphis area. I do not know if the RV park at Graceland is open all year but its centrally located to all the Memphis things to see. Another great park is Tom Sawyer which is on the river and just watching the barges is a treat https://tomsawyerrvpark.com

Good Luck safe travels
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by be-happy View Post
You mention Graceland (Elvis Home) there is alot to see and do in the Memphis area. I do not know if the RV park at Graceland is open all year but its centrally located to all the Memphis things to see. Another great park is Tom Sawyer which is on the river and just watching the barges is a treat https://tomsawyerrvpark.com

Good Luck safe travels
X2 for tomsawyerrvpark.com. We were there this summer and it is a chip shot to Graceland.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:50 PM   #6
WDW

Williamsburg or Dollywood at Pigeon Forge.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:55 PM   #7

While I have not been, the Ark Encounter at Williamstown, Kentucky, just off of I-75 at Exit 154 might be worthwhile. Co-workers who have been say the visit was well worth it.

https://arkencounter.com/

Charles
Old 09-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #8

Many thanks for the great info. Looks like it will be a great week for us.

Chris