Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #15

Flatonia Ranch RV Park in Flatonia, TX. An overnight stay. Just a sort of field and fire ants were everywhere and restrooms were a little rustic. Managers were nice.
BillyandKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
Well,sometimes the owners start "Happy Hour" a little early and can be quite sarcastic...Pulled in one time ..off season....place almost empty..asked the man for one of the "H"sites...which are 4 longer pull
thurs paved...he looked at me and said "you'll get what I give You"
And the guy behind me asked for same area,got the same sarcastic answer
Best part...those sites stayed empty all night
So,I just plan trip around them....not too hard to do...C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Owner and/or manager is a complete jerk.
I guess we must have gotten lucky as we had no problem, I was even surprised while there they were just finishing up re-doing their pool and it was not going to be ready by the Memorial weekend, the office staff was calling everyone who had holiday weekend reservations and offering them a chance to reschedule their stay. Sorry you had issues
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #17

Home - WillowWind RV Park
WillowWind RV park Hurricane, Uah
Not sure if it was the owner but had a bit of an attitude. Receptionist was nice so it wasn't her fault for us walking into the bad atmosphere
Place isn't our idea of camping when you can't see the scenery and only the permanent mobile home across the way with all the junk.
185EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #18
WDW

Quote:
Candy Hill, Winchester, VA

Interesting- why? We were planning a stop there this summer.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #19
WDW

KOA by Canton Ohio. Extremely over priced for a view of the county landfill AKA dump. But they had a nice miniature golf course.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #20
doc

Appalachian Campers
KOA in Cherokee NC
Cross Eyed Cricket , Lenoir City Tn
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #21

Lake Bernard Park, Sundridge Ontario Canada.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Candy Hill, Winchester, VA
That is not helpful unless you elaborate on what the issue was so we can all make an informed decision. You may not like an unshaded area, some may not care. That is the purpose of the forum.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:57 AM   #23

Good point Duke. Would like to think that the reasons are at a macro level, but details would be very helpful.
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Almost any KOA but the one in West Yellowstone was the worst by far. But that was many years ago so maybe it's better (or worse) by now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:13 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Malibu RV Park in Malibu CA.

Son in law lives nearby and we were visiting. SIL picked up my wife and I and we went to dinner. Nobody guarding the entrance.

A few hours later we returned. Now a guard at the entrance. Wanted $10 for SIL car to enter. Explained he was just dropping us off - not staying. Still wanted $10 to enter - suggested we walk from the entrance. Explained I had recently had knee surgery and could not walk that distance. Still wanted $10 to enter. Called the manager on duty to the entrance. He also wanted $10 to enter. Paid the $10.

This was several years ago. This at a RV Park that changes about $100/day or more season depending.

We have made several extended trips to the area since - staying at a differing RV park of course. Getting their $10 and the incredibly bad attitude has cost them literally a couple three thousand dollars in lost revenue from us.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Wish I could remember the name of the CG we stopped in front of. We were looking for a place to overnight. Pretty sure I heard banjo's playing....

And the drug deal in the front parking lot was a bit of a turn off.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Indian Rivers Campground - Elliot, Maine The good Quiet. Don't go - unless someone dumped a bunch of money into this place. In general facilities were in disrepair. One building falling down and one (had indoor pool I think) had big tarp on roof and signs that roof failing. Isolated and quiet are the best things I can say. Entry road was dirt and very long and VERY narrow with MANY potholes - watched them drag old metal mattress spring behind truck to
grade the road.. Door to what I think was laundry had door knob removed and would not open. Would not stay here again. No breaker on 30 outlet so you could not turn power off to connect. This stop was early in our RV life so I have learned over the years just how bad it was. Well over 300 campgrounds to use as a guide.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
SoHi Campground, Accord, NY. The site was very rocky. Trash was present on the site. It was very difficult to get level and a long stretch to the hookups once I was as level as I could be. I got an eerie feeling as I drove in. The place looked very run down and unappealing. When I entered the restroom that evening it was disgusting. The main restroom is fairly modern, with three toilets. One was broken, one was filthy and the other broken. To their credit it was cleaned up in the morning, but I was not comfortable staying there at all. We camped at SoHi Campground in a Motorhome. However, I paid for a week, and was promised a partial refund, as I left the next morning. That was 2016. After numerous phone calls e-mails and promises, I am still waiting.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground