Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2018, 11:19 PM   #1

Whidbey Island Camping

Looking for any help in regards to camping on Whidbey Island on the 10th - 12th of August. All the camping sites I can find appear to be full. Anyone know of a any hidden gems? I'm looking around Coupeville (anywhere semi close would work) as my daughter works on one of the farms near by...Willowwood)

Thanks!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2018, 11:16 PM   #2

That is the weekend of the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival. You are probably not going to find much at this late date. Also, the City Beach campground in Oak Harbor is closed, making more pressure on the rest.

There are a couple of private parks up by Deception Pass and there is a small county park with no hookups just outside Coupeville. I don't know if you can make a reservation there but you could try calling the Island County Prks department.

If you are a Elk member, they have a few spots in Oak Harbor. If you are military, there is a park at NAS Whidbey.

Except for the state parks, those are the options I can think of on the island. You might find something around Anacortes.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
How about asking the farm owner where your daughter works if you can park there for the visit? If you're self-contained it shouldn't be any expense except for a parking spot.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
How about asking the farm owner where your daughter works if you can park there for the visit? If you're self-contained it shouldn't be any expense except for a parking spot.
Kind of what I was hoping for but she's a bit shy and hasn't worked up the courage yet. I did a fly-by via Google and there is PLENTY of room so hopefully I'll hear back from her today.

CouvilleDF - Thanks for the heads up, I guess that explains why there is NOTHING available. So I see you live right there, I've always thought living on an island would be pretty cool. I'll wave as we go by!
Old 08-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #5

Living on an island is great, especially one that multiple access point's. One thing is that you get to know the locals. I've been out to Willowwood Farm and know the owner. If you look at Google Satellite view, you can see where they had a devastating fire and lost their historic barn. Georgie is a very warm, accommodating person. Your daughter definitely needs to ask.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevilleDF View Post
Living on an island is great, especially one that multiple access point's. One thing is that you get to know the locals. I've been out to Willowwood Farm and know the owner. If you look at Google Satellite view, you can see where they had a devastating fire and lost their historic barn. Georgie is a very warm, accommodating person. Your daughter definitely needs to ask.
Oh my!! I see that! (The burnt barn outline.) That's terrible!

Yes, my daughter texted about an hour ago and said "absolutely no problem". So looks like I'm good to go.

Thanks so much for all your help and I'm very excited about heading over and seeing all the great stuff my daughter has been telling me about. She absolutely loves working there and living in such beautiful surroundings and working for such great people. We may never get her back to Spokane!

Tags
camping