Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pat and I are doing our first trip of 06 this Easter weekend. Weather report is for warm weather, coach is preped and ready to rock n roll! Were packed with our favorite foods for a great Easter dinner. We are headed for our TT home park in Hershey PA, also their first weekend open, this could prove to be interesting! So, what's everyone else up to ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pat and I are doing our first trip of 06 this Easter weekend. Weather report is for warm weather, coach is preped and ready to rock n roll! Were packed with our favorite foods for a great Easter dinner. We are headed for our TT home park in Hershey PA, also their first weekend open, this could prove to be interesting! So, what's everyone else up to ?

Old 04-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #3

We are going camping this weekend, leaving tomorrow and will probably come back on Tuesday or Wednesday. We are going with another couple that will be alone over the holidays. We belong to a club and will head there.

Have fun, we are going to.

Linda

2006 Cedar Creek 34CKTS
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
More than 10 years ago, we gave up camping or going near water on the major holidays. Found it is generally much better to go the weekend preceeding or following...much more sanity then.

Good luck...

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We also avoid camping on holiday weeks/weekends. But then we are both retired and can pick and chose when to go. We just got back last night from almost two weeks in Fl.will sit home,rest and catch up and leave the highways to the others. Have a safe trip and a Happy Easter!
Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
tom and di, you are very wise! Too many folks with too short amount of time trying to get to a destination too far away for ole boy like me take a chance.
Anyway, being retired, let those who are not have access to the CGs and parks during the weekends, we can have them during the week with smaller crowds and less traffic.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well I wish we were as fortunate as the rest of you. We still work and have to take advantage of any opportunities. We left on Thurs afternoon, not much traffic, camp ground was about half full, we returned today left about 1 pm. very little traffic again. Maybe we were just lucky, or, we've learned to plan well. Weather was good, meet alot of campers trying like us to shake the cabin fever.
Remember folks, a bad day camping is better then a good day at work !

Old 04-18-2006, 05:56 AM   #8

We went to Peace River Campground in Arcadia, Fl. Arrived Friday am and left Mon. Afternoon.

Had a Great time... Of course that is what it is all about

2006 F-350, CC, 4x4, 6.0L PSD.
06PSD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:42 AM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
06psd4me,

Old 04-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #10

We went to Eisenhower State Park over the holiday, left on Thursday the 13th and returned on the 17th. Had a wonderful time.
Jeffrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #11

First timer on this site, loved reading nearly entire site last couple of days. My Family and I traveled to Topsail Hill in Santa Rosa Fl. with my brother and his family for Easter week. Beautiful, Fantastic experience for new TT campers. Bought Camper due To Hurricane Rita, have been to Tenn and FL in last 4 mounths. LOVE Camping with a passion. Have a blessed day.Boo Miller
laurealboomh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Hey Boo, we spent easter weekend a Chicot State Park near Ville Platte. Had a wonderful time. We're going to Natalbany Creek Campground near Amite on Mothers-day weekend.
We also went to Topsail Hill last Oct. after the storm(Katrina) and loved it. It is such a beautiful place. We can't wait to go back.

Have a good Day.
Mike