RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin along View Post
Niagara Falls Camping and Lodging, Niagara Falls NY. Only camp ground I have ever had issues with. Very expensive parking lot type parking. After a light rain park became a mud pit with several inches of water at sites. Owner has no respect for campers property, they decided to cut down 80 foot tree 5 feet from my rv and ground the stump without warning me.

Amen brother!! I stayed there about 12 years ago, $90 a night and they put me in a mud puddle.
Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
After 250 nights and about 30 states, I noticed one standout state for way below average RV Parks. TEXAS

Review sites seem to agree.

Maybe Trailer Trash was invented in the Lone Star State?

What State gets your vote?
With all the information available on parks there is no one to blame but...
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #17

OP-sorry you feel that way. We are in Bluebonnet Ridge, Terrell TX right now and itís beautiful. Thatís east of DFW. We also like Oak Creek, Weatherford TX-just west of DFW. I can name @ least a dozen other very nice parks off the top of my head and thatís just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #18

I have stayed there for a year at Golden Village Palms RV Resort in Hemet, Ca. and have now left. Most RV Parks offer an Off Season rate and a On Season rate, not this place. You pay a high price for not only a site but also for Electric. Saying they cater to the Canadians would be an understatement. They turned off the electric at least 3 times in the middle of Summer when it was over 100 F for maintenance. The water also. Washers and dryers are terrible, takes all day to wash and dry, better to go next door. Have seen people wash their clothes and dogs in the shower. There are thieves that hop the fence and steal bikes or break in storage containers. Not only did they raise the rent $60.00, but also charge $60.00 PER dog PER month. For Hemet? This is not lake Tahoe or the beach. Seen alot of loose dogs there. Rumor is that they have decided to drop it down to $30.00 a month per dog. There are alot of rules of which they don't enforce and some that they seem to make up as the day goes. There is no AED in the Gym, so don't drop dead there. There is 2 gates, but the back one is locked, great exit plan if there is a fire. Look at these pics as they claim no rigs over 10 years old allowed there. There are aot of old rigs and Park Models there. And this is supposed to be a major resort? I would not recommend this place unless you have deep pockets. Most of the folks there are friendly, management isn't.
gc241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Amen brother!! I stayed there about 12 years ago, $90 a night and they put me in a mud puddle.
We were there 11 yrs ago, wasn't the best, wasn't the worst place we stayed at. What I remember the most was the questionable businesses in the area...

Mike
mdcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
After 250 nights and about 30 states, I noticed one standout state for way below average RV Parks. TEXAS

Review sites seem to agree.

Maybe Trailer Trash was invented in the Lone Star State?

What State gets your vote?
Some people are never happy.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #21

Love Texas

We spent two weeks this spring in Austin & san Antonio following the final four. Loved every RV park and a few of them were resorts. Of course we have always used RV Park Reviews to help us select where we stay.
twojayhawks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcamping View Post
We were there 11 yrs ago, wasn't the best, wasn't the worst place we stayed at. What I remember the most was the questionable businesses in the area...

Mike
We were there just three weeks ago for five days,all other camp grounds in the area were booked.Our reservations were made four months in advance,we had no choice but stay at Niagara camp ground.We did have to go buy rubber boots for the water and mud.There were only about fifteen spots occupied in the whole place while we were there,pretty sad.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #23

we haven't yet been to a lot of places but did make a trip to Alaska I can say most of the privet C/G were not very nice they were nicely laid out but upkeep was terrible one we stayed at the neighbors sewer hose went in under our picnic table, and ours went over to the other neighbors yard area. some were just downright horrible. Canada was about the same for privet C/G. we stayed in a few gov. C/G and they were nice. I will have to say here in Oregon were I live there are some rough privet C/G .I think everybody has them.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
I have stayed in many Texas State campgrounds. Sorry but I dIsagree. Texas has some of the best State campgrounds.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:55 AM   #25

We have stayed at a lot of campgrounds in Texas when heading west. They aren't our primary destination, usually just an overnight. But we try to find something nice, level, and close to our travel route. Here's a few that we like. Bluebonnet in Terrell, Texas Star in Weatherford, Coyote RV in Wichita Falls, Amarillo Ranch in Amarillo, Fernbrook RV in Longview. These are all nice and in Texas.
my .02
David
2019 DSDP4369
kdnash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, alaska trip