Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksRA View Post
I believe Fishing Bridge CG is full up until September. I was only able to get 3 days there (August 17, 18, 19) a month ago. Not wanting to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a good camp in the park to dry camp for another couple of days? I'm in a 40' Class A.
Since you will already be in Yellowstone at Fishing Bridge you could leave your site early morning and drive up to Mammoth where there are no reservations. It's dry camping but a lovely little campground overlooking the valley. We easily get sites for our 40' motorhome there. We have also stayed at Madison and Bridge Bay campgrounds without reservations, although they take them. Sometimes folks just don't show up for their sites. Worth checking out. Good luck.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Since you will already be in Yellowstone at Fishing Bridge you could leave your site early morning and drive up to Mammoth where there are no reservations. It's dry camping but a lovely little campground overlooking the valley. We easily get sites for our 40' motorhome there. We have also stayed at Madison and Bridge Bay campgrounds without reservations, although they take them. Sometimes folks just don't show up for their sites. Worth checking out. Good luck.
Thanks, we'll check that out.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
Hi to all friends, we will be heading from Maine to CA starting Aug 6. We want to stop at Yellow Stone NP for a week or so. Could you please recommend where to stay? Montana, Wyoming, Idaho? In the park or outside Private park? We have a Jeep with us so no issues with exploring the area with car.
We were there a couple weeks ago--stayed at Yellowstone Valley Inn RV park. 20 mile west of Cody. 30 mile east of the east entrance to the park. Made the north loop one day out the NE entrance Back to Cody for the night Rodeo ( great if you have kids). Did the south loop the second day
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Since we're traveling with our dogs, I'd prefer to have hook-ups, but that's good to know.

We're staying two nights before in Hebgen Lake - figured we'd check out the Jeep trails and West Yellowstone. The two nights after, we're going to head down to Colter RV and hang in the Grand Tetons. Then we're off to Moab and Arches NP.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #19

You would think, that as popular as Yellowstone is, there would be more than just one full hook up park. Was thinking of making that trip in September . . . but I guess I am too late for the reservations. Darn !
Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Den View Post
You would think, that as popular as Yellowstone is, there would be more than just one full hook up park. Was thinking of making that trip in September . . . but I guess I am too late for the reservations. Darn !
Try west Yellowstone. Just outside the park and lots of options.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #21

Quote:
You don't know until you try - especially for September when things start winding down. Have a great trip!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
We was there last sept after the holiday. Stayed in west Yellowstone. There were even a few in the park just to tight for what we like.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #23

Baker's Hole NFS Campground on the Madison River, 2 miles North of the city of West Yellowstone, Mt. has sites with electricity only for $15 a day (Federal Seniors Pass). Water for your tanks is available at the campground entrance. You can dump for a fee at the many campgrounds in West Yellowstone. The park entrance is right on the edge of the city, and it is a pleasant 14 mile trip up the Madison River valley to the Park's main loop road system. The campground is popular with fishermen, is rural enough to have buffalo herds come through, but is only 2 miles from the shopping and restaurants of West Yellowstone.
WDK450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
For a couple days go to Bakers USFS campground 3 miles north of west Yellowstone I believe it is 191 hwy
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #25

All, we end up up staying at West Yellowstone....glad we did. Highly recommend that. Very close to enterance.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainsktg View Post
I'll second Grizzly. Its about 1 mile more or less from the west entrance.

Keith
Have stayed at Grizzly and would not hesitate to stay there again. Here's our site when I owned a 41 ft Titanium 5th wheel.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #27

Thanks for all the help from everyone. We stayed in Fishing Bridge and were snowed on our last night there (Sep 18 ). Our 40ft was tight, but that late in the season, there were plenty of open spots. If you can, I'd highly encourage you to go after Labor Day, and stay inside the park!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #28

Yellowstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Blondie View Post
Thanks for all the help from everyone. We stayed in Fishing Bridge and were snowed on our last night there (Sep 18 ). Our 40ft was tight, but that late in the season, there were plenty of open spots. If you can, I'd highly encourage you to go after Labor Day, and stay inside the park!
Did you come in from the East Side or the West Side, With the snow, how were the road conditions getting in and out of the park. I am planning on going to Fishing Bridge next June (yes, I have my reservations), you mention the site was tight, I have seen that mentioned in a couple of post, obviously, I am guessing, they have no pull throughs ?? Any problems with campers getting their slide outs - out ? I also had seen a post once describing the sewer hook up as being a little tricky , maybe requiring a ramp etc . . . . . ???

Dr. Den