Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yosemite Valley in winter?

Planning to visit Yosemite sometime from late November to mid December. Can anyone that's been there around that time tell me about what I can expect?

Snow? Is it busy?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2016, 01:18 AM   #2

My dear old Dad and I spent a Christmas in Yosemite a few years ago. It was magical and memorable. We had about 8 inches of snow at the valley floor but no issues with the roads. I think the snow/weather is highly variable. If you can deal with a little snow, I'd highly recommend it. The snow on the granite ledges and ice along the waterfalls was quite spectacular.

It was not busy at all and quite enjoyable.

If you go, can I come too?
40bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
There are rv parks below the snow line so if the roads to the park are open, you can get there, especially if your toad is 4x4. Winter in the park is mystical....and no crowds!
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:46 AM   #4

we were just there last week 10/26/16 to 10/31/16. it rained a lot but is so beautiful. not too cold yet about 50/60's during the day and 30/40's at night. Generator hours are split into 3-2 hour blocks, from 7am-9am, 12-2 and 5-7pm. try to get dinner reservation at the AWahnee dinning room for Thanks Giving dinner. worth the money. The water level was decent due to the rain when we were there. Have shovel and Chains just in case. Bring bike if you have them. Shuttle bus runs from 7am to 10 pm.
The drinking water flow at the Upper Pine Campground dumpsite is very slow.
[IMG][/IMG]
bakjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #5

We made a day trip to Yosemite in January two years ago. We stayed in Angles Camp and drove our TOAD. There was no snow on that trip, I think it was around the mid 40's during the day. It was worth the trip.
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Heck, I had snow there in April 2010 and almost didn't get out. We took the El Portel road because that's the only one that didn't have a pass to go over which required snow chains.

x2 on the Ahwanhee dining room although now its called the Majestic Yosemite Hotel because the NPS is in a trademark dispute with the previous franchise holder. My son worked there for a few years and the meals were always spectacular!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:17 AM   #7

here is photo link to Yosemite View Point.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

bakjong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter