Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #1

At Martinsville.

Go Jr.
Tireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

I will be there in the fall, hopefully won't need to be towed out like last fall!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #3

Someday I'd like to go there. Used to go to PIR every year. Hit the wall JR!!
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Will be there in the fall, hopefully without out the rain
garyclegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman1 View Post
Go Jr.
X2
bobf46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #6

You surely can't beat a NASCAR race for a good gathering of people and making friends. We have been going to Watkins Glen for about 20 years now. My wife, daughter, her husband, my son and significant other as well as any grandchildren who want to go come along with us. We also have a friend who goes along also. Never a dull moment around our sites. We only got talked to four times last year by the cops.
One of our shining moments was when we caught He** for having a blow up swimming pool on our site with several gals sitting in it with a sign next to it saying "Beaver Pond". There was no water in the pool, just a bunch of girls having fun. We were told we couldn't have a pool in the camping area. Sure enough when I read the camping rules it clearly stated no "water containment devices allowed on campsites". The next day the same cop came along and the gals were sitting in the pool again. He was not humored at all. When I said I wasn't breaking any rules he even got a little bristled ( to say the least). I took him over and showed him the pool. I had cut the bottom of it out. I asked him, "will this contain water"? He looked at me, broke out into a laugh and just walked away shaking his head. I think I heard him say something to the effect, "I will probably be back here again"!
He was back the next night but that is a story for some other time.
A good friend of ours who grew up four houses from us and went to school with my daughter and son is crew chief now for Trevor Bayne. We look forward to seeing Matt every year at the Glen. He comes over to our site every now and then just to hang out and see what is going to happen next. He even tries to steal my Kyle Busch flag when he comes over.
Enjoy the race and have a good time there. Life is what you make of it.
Lynn
Old 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM   #7

We are here at Martinsville also ready for racing. Go Jr
garyclegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #8

Sorry about your driver. Did he go home early? His wife did a good job with the pace car though.
BTW, my driver #18 won. Keep it going Kyle!
LOL
Lynn
Old 11-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #9

I've never been to Martinsville, but our MH has many times. The original owner used the MH to advertise his business, Speedco. Took me 2 days to remove all the NASCAR stickers/decals.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote