Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #1

Hi,
first off, nice site you got here!
How do you guys get your camping site at NASCAR races? My wife watches the races every week and dreams of sitting on the top of our camper watching a race. And there's nothing I like better than helping my wife with here dreams. So, what are the best tracks for this? How long in advance do you have to plan? Any help, hints suggestion or general abuse would be appreciated.

1999 Dodge Ram CTD
CamperDaveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:13 AM   #2

Welcome,
You have found the very best RV website on the internet.
If you go into the individual track websites they will have links to camping.WE have been to a few tracks and have a great time.
We have never had infield camping where we could watch from the camper, but maybe someday.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #3

Thanks Spoonman!
You know, it will probably take me months to get thru every nook of this site.
What can you tell me about the track you have been to. I've looked over the websites of some of the tracks we were thinking of going to. But I believe there's no better source of info than someone who's been to them. The infield camping would be awsome, but any info on camping at the tracks would be great too..

1999 Dodge Ram CTD
Old 04-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #4

Hey, CamperDaveCt here's a couple of sites you might find interesting. TrackCamping.com and LaidbackRacing.com

Have fun at the track!

2004 Jeep Rubicon
ddz1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey CamperDaveCT & Spoonman,

I am sorry that I can not help you out with NASCAR camping site !! However I wanted to welcome you both to iRV2 and because of your location, wanted to also welcome you to the NorEasters! I also wanted to let you both know that a bunch of us are getting togeather at Ross Hill Campground in Lisbon CT on Mothers day Weekend. So if you like, feel free to join us!! All info can be found in the "Regional Chapters,Campouts & Rallies" section under Northeast region. If you have any questions about the group feel free to ask!!! Hope you get to camp infield at a race soon!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
CamperDaveCT, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. All you have to do is to call the track ticket office and ask about the infield parking. It will have to be a larger track as the smallest one do not have infield parking and the medium size will probably have a long waiting list these days. The largest tracks will be ones you should have no problem gettting into. You will find we are a group of fun loving RVers that like to help each other where we can. If you have any questions just ask. Good luck and take care.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #7

CamperDaveCT,
Haveen`t been to NH in years but friends tell meyou must show tix to enter camping area,no reservations. Arrive together to camp together.Some rowdy areas so tell attendents wether you want family camping or not..
Bristol,
Have only been once but it is one race that is a must see. Camping is tight and expensive so arrive early for best options.Track website has some listings for track& private areas.Bring earplugs and your wallet.
Lowes,
We camped on track property behind backstretch, fairly level,1/2 mile walk to stands. Lot to see in area,race shops,malls. Lowes,like Bristol is a great track and well run.
Martinsville,
We go to fall race every year and it is a great track with great racing.You can see whole track from any seat.Very hilly camping with red clay that gets soupy when it rains. If you arrive early site choices are pretty good, no reservations except in certain areas. Avoid low areas that can get real muddy. Bring blocking and planks to level up.
Hope this helps,
Go and have a great time.
AL,
Would love to join you at the rally but I have taken my wife to rally`s on the last two Mothers day w/end and if I do it again my kids & grandkids will disown me, thanks for the invite and hope to attend another time.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #8

All,

Thanks for the warm welcomes and great information so far!

AL, I check to see what's on the schedule, maybe we can make it over there. Our first trip with the new Toy Hauler and truck is just a couple weekends away! Going up to NH for a rake weekend where I've gone camping for about the last 10 years. I'm not sure if I can get use to not sleeping the ground, but I'm willing to give it a try

1999 Dodge Ram CTD
Old 04-25-2007, 03:52 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey All,

Spoonman,
We undstand about family, and it always should come first! Just keep watching the forum. we always have spring and fall rallies, and sometimes some of us get togeather during the summer. I am sure a place and wagonmaster for fall rally will be had before the end of the spring rally !!

CamperDaveCT,

Will be great if you can make the spring rally, and if so don't worry there are like 4 or 5 other new comers to this rally! However if you can't make this one do what I told Spoonman above. Watch the forum for info on our next rally !!!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:03 AM   #10

We have stayed at Atlanta Motor Speedway the past couple years and really enjoy it there. We stay in the family section which is not infield but still on track property, they continue to make improvements on camping facilities, and some of the premium sites have water and electric. some are reserved and some are first come first served. We usually plan about 6 months out and reserve. we usually arrive on Wednesday and watch the circus come to town
Disney Campers - Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Your might also check out www.nascarcamping.com as well. We have season campsites at both Kansas and Iowa Speedway's We have camped at Indy,Michigan and are going to Bristol in August. Be happy to help in any way I can....

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
dhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I would sure like to find a Reserved RV site at PIR in November.
Has anyone had any luck with private ticket brokers or EBAY?

So far I cannot locate anything but tickets to the race,

Steve
07 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ
BCSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:23 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Take a look here. phoenix camping tickets
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the link SacsTC
Unfortunatly the sites were sold out 2 hours after going on sale in April. I am hoping to find a broker or anyone else who might have a site or two for sale.
this will be our first race-I knew it would be tough but is it impossible
BCSteve is offline   Reply With Quote