Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #1

Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Anyone going? Where are you staying? We'll be at Lakewood Campground, site 1337--first one you see as you come in. Sandalwood/White 36' Dynasty pulling an aerodynamic fiberglass Iron Horse trailer.

Van W 2000 Dynasty 36, pulling one Harley
Eastern NC
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #2

I live in Pawleys Island. It's not Bike Week. It's Hell Week. Can't sleep for the noise on US-17, even though it is two blocks away.

If we can, we try to be somewhere else that week. Why can't you people get those thing quiet?

Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
I live in Pawleys Island. It's not Bike Week. It's Hell Week. Can't sleep for the noise on US-17, even though it is two blocks away.

If we can, we try to be somewhere else that week. Why can't you people get those thing quiet?

Wil
Because they think loud pipes save lives!
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #4

several years ago I was there by mistake during Harley week,and like you said,you don't get much sleep for all the noise.But it was still kinda fun,met a lot of interesting people,it was quite an experience that I wouldn't want to do again.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We also were there 9 yrs. ago by mistake, and went back for a long time. At that time, it was more fun, but politics got involved, made it almost impossible for Vendors to afford going. We have not been in a couple of years and miss it. We always stay @ Oceanlakes when we go. Myrles Inlet is a blast even without a bike.
david g.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Because they think loud pipes save lives!
I doubt that. They just don't care about others. They like their loud noise and don't care about others.

Diesel 18 wheelers are much quieted than Harleys. I hate them because of the noise, not for what they drive. Just give others some quiet.

Wil
Old 04-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
I doubt that. They just don't care about others. They like their loud noise and don't care about others.

Diesel 18 wheelers are much quieted than Harleys. I hate them because of the noise, not for what they drive. Just give others some quiet.

Wil
Our world is full of noise, all kinds of noise, and it seems like you hate all the noise in your world......... bikes , semi's, how about birds? The day will come when you will wish you could hear them..........
When "noise" comes to any town.......so does $$$$$, and a short time later the $$$$$ is gone and so is the noise. This applies to all kinds of noise.......
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/653/16...Bike-Week.aspx
This is one that Erie,Pa. started in 2007, look at the history numbers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roar_on_the_Shore , the money numbers for business's is staggering......
Old 04-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #8

You're have a real problem. If you don't think Harleys are the most noise polluters in the universe, you get to get a life.

You can justify the terrible noise of Harleys, but then, Harley people don't care. They just think it is their right to disturb everyone else. There is no other motorized vehicle with as much objectionable noise as a Harley.

But then, those people don't care, and those of us who long for quiet nights are vilified. Ride what you want, just respect me by keeping it quiet. Or don't you care? It seems you don't.

Wil
Old 04-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #9

A lot of the Goldwing riders call it "Trailer Week".

You see more bikes trailered during the rallies like Sturgis or Laconia, Daytona or Myrtle Beach bike week than you will the rest of your life.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Rode for a long time. Love the sound of a real Harley, nothing sweeter. Used to attend Sturgis on a regular basis. Miss the sound and really miss the ride.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #11

Holy Crap! No idea I could stir up so many "racists". My Harley is a performance machine (in as much as ANY Harley can be a performance machine) that I built myself...same as I do ALL maintenance on my coach, house, cars, and bikes.

I stay in Lakewood CG because it has a "mildly religious" family ownership. I dislike rude, inconsiderate, noisy, obnoxious, low-life guests regardless their personal hobbies. Lakewood is "reasonably conscientious" about ejecting obnoxious folks. I find the Christian “flavor” to be to the liking of myself and my 70 year old wife, who only last year tearfully sold her own Harley because she was becoming too physically weak to handle a 650# bike. NO, neither of us have tattoos.

For the record, my 65 year old butt rides an old 07 Ultra that will scorch most new Harleys of any gender, because I built the engine and installed the 7-speed Baker transmission myself. However, for those of you who know enough about Harleys to be ENTITLED to an opinion, my bike runs a SuperTrapp exhaust which is virtually silent, but makes more HP than nearly any two straight-piped Hogs combined…and is accepted by the Myrtle Beach Police Department as “fully compliant”. I assure you that I can start my bike at 5AM and awaken fewer people than most of you do when you crank your DP motor home. I’ve ridden bikes all my life, beginning before I was old enough to get a driver’s license.

I live my life by two principles. First, I am accountable for all my actions, and St. Peter (not any mortal) will be my judge. Second, “Mean people suck” and unfortunately every forum attracts “mean people”, even though the founding principle of all forums is to help one another and foster camaraderie. This is far from the first time that I have been reminded how my black brothers must feel when they are “profiled” and it certainly will not be the last. Am I surprised?...a little. Am in incensed?...NO, I’m no fool, not naïve, and the world is not composed only of “good” folks.

If realizing that your “racist” rants have offended a God-fearing man who just might be your equal, you may reply in a private message. Otherwise, I’ll not see it, since I am unsubscribing from this thread, and glad that it got moved from where I originally posted it.

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36, pulling one Harley to Bike Week…one more time
Eastern NC
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach