Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #1

SouthEast Area (SEA) Rally Sun 'n Fun Expo

OK guys....It is time to register for the 2020 SouthEast Area Rally at the Sun n' Fun Expo at the Lakeland Lender Airport (LAL). We have Seminars, Contest, Entertainment, and lots of vendors of all kinds.

This is one of the best rallies in the South bar none. Last year, we had a packed house and that was with the FMCA International rally the very next month just up the road in Perry GA.

This year we are not competing with the International rally so we should have the best of the best in the Southeast.

As of today (September 23. 2019) ALL of the full hookups camping sites have sold out but we have plenty of 30/50 Amp with water hookups but they are going fast.

For those who likes to dry camp, we have an almost unlimited number of spaces, and you can save a few bucks but still have full benifits of the rally.

There is a couple of dump stations on the property and the availability of a "Honey Bucket" that you can get your tanks pumped out (it was $25 last year).

Below is a link to a registration form that you can click on, fill it out, print it out and mail it in.

The rally will be from February 5-8, 2020.

If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

http://www.searally.org/REGFORM/REG2020.pdf
Miramar2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #2

Doing good guys.....Keep it going.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #3

We've never been to a rally before, this location is quite close to us, and we don't have any plans yet for that time of year, sooo...

1. Other than the registration page listed in post #1, where can we find more info; and
2. Someone tell me what the attraction is and why we should go?

Again - never been to any kind of rally so just don't know what they are all about...
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #4

I guess the best way to get a general idea of what goes on is to go to the FMCA Rally Registration page at https://www.fmca.com/fmca-event-registration

Most of what you see there are the different "Area Rally" pages of which this is the SEA Rally in Lakeland FL

You can read on the registration form the formal rally events which are great. But, we have the most fun at night after being at different events all day and you just sit around outside of your coaches with NEW friends.

Seems like I have something done to my coach every year at the rally. I have had Sway bars front and rear put on one year, steering stabilizer one year, a RF Mogul Satellite dish another year. This year I plan to have new shocks installed.

In the past few years, we have had to compete with the FMCA International rally just up the road in Perry GA. This year the SEA Rally is the only one in the South East US.

In 2021 there will not be a SEA Rally because the international rally is back in Perry.

Oh yea....we always have a full hanger full of vendors with the latest and greatest STUFF. We have seminars for about anything you want to know about. If there is not a formal seminar, these vendors love to talk about RV STUFF.

Hope this helps....We always have a ball at this rally.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar2014 View Post
Seems like I have something done to my coach every year at the rally. I have had Sway bars front and rear put on one year, steering stabilizer one year, a RF Mogul Satellite dish another year. This year I plan to have new shocks installed.
WOW! So you can get work done on the coach at these things?!? Had no idea That's pretty cool !
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #6

Yea....Last year there were these guys that did a waterless Motorhome wash. I was skeptical, so I went over and looked. They really did a good job. We had windshields put in and cracks repaired, batteries replaced. Somebody is always doing something.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #7

Will there be a vender that does a wash and wax? If so do you know the price? I have a 42 foot Class A.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #8

I know the wash guy was there and I think he also did wax jobs. Don't know for sure this year. Vendors are some of the last to register to come. But, I would be very surprised if they didn't show up.

Tags
rally