Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tampa RV Show January 2022 - Anyone stayed in the fairgrounds? Recommendations?

I am planning on attending the Tampa RV Super Show in January 2022. I was told they offer dry camping for $20 per night in their parking lot. Has anyone tried this? Is it just a dirt parking lot or paved? I have been to some fairgrounds that you are lucky to drive your car through it let alone a RV. If a giant dust bowl, suppose I would rather pay more and not have to wash the coach afterwards. If possible. Information please.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2021, 07:15 PM   #2

We stayed a couple years back in the parking lot for 20 bucks a night and it was nice. Plan on doing it again this year. Lots of RV’s doing the same thing.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:03 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I’ve dry camped several years at the Tampa SuperShow. The parking is on grass with paved roadways. It’s kind of chaotic. You access the fairground in a big line of traffic, then pay the entrance booth, you pick left or right turn and you negotiate all the cars and people who park poorly then find anyplace you want to park your RV. Occasionally they have Marshallers, but in general you can wonder about and park anywhere. Sometimes groups of RVs park near each other and setup little camps. The biggest concern is rain/mud. I park at places that look solid and will drain vs accumulate water if it rains. I also try to park in out of the way areas where you can pack up and leave in a day or two without concern about getting blocked in. There are no electric, water, or sewer taps unless you pay an extra fee for an organized group camp. The weather is normally cool in Jan so running on batteries and heater is fine with occasionally a warm day where some run genny’s to cool their coach. Sometimes if your unlucky some butt head will park right next to you and run his genny 24/7 for no apparent reason.

If you stay several nights there are people who wander around in the evenings on golf carts and collect $20/night. It’s sort of hit or miss if they find you.

Warning: Do not try to enter the fairgrounds from the south entrance in a Class A. The lanes have big concrete walls and are too narrow. Don’t ask how I know. The directions to the Fairground state this also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80F34D94-CD35-4AC4-8B61-937753E64ADF.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	346715  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
SMB

I have stayed in the parking area for the last two years. Last year met some friends there and everyone had a nice time, accept for the Butthead with the 24/7 Genny. There's one in every crowd.
I preferred the second entrance, on east side south of main entrance. You pay your $20 per nite at check-in, no collectors. Hogdriver right, watch for low areas, if you get a chance. There's plenty of help if you get stuck. Parking attendants are pretty reasonable, if your convoying no problem with getting in a group providing you show up at the same time. Large groups are contracted for space, i.e. Newmar etc. Enjoyed it, road my bike to the gate and locked it there. Some took scooters and bikes into the show. It is a lot of walking.
Happy Trails,
Old 10-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #5

We have stayed at the show 3 different years, missed 2021 because the border was closed, but plan to be there in 2022.
Literally hundreds of RV's spread throughout the huge parking lot on grass with paved roads.
There is no area dedicated to RV's so you will get the day-trippers parking cars beside you, yes, the guy who runs his generator 24/7 and every imaginable type of RV.
Unlike Walmart or truck stops, feel free to set up lawn chairs, awnings and BBQ's.
They do come by at night to collect $20 and we have always found the place to be quiet and well run.
Depending on the length of your stay, come prepared with water and holding tank capacity as there are no facilities on site.
Shuttle trollies run during show hours and cover all areas of the lot.
All in all, an excellent experience and one we are definitely looking forward to again.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:16 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for all of the information. Looking forward to spending a couple of days there.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air