Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 PM   #1

Who is going to the giant Houston (All-indoor) RV Show?

I'll be going to the Houston (All-indoor) RV and Motorhome Show next week. I think I'll be going on at least two days.

Who else is going and on what days?

The dealers that will be present are:
  • Camping World of Houston
  • DeMontrond Motorhomes
  • Holiday World of Houston
  • Lonestar RV
  • PPL Motorhomes
  • Ron Hoover RV
  • RV Station
  • Terry Vaughn RV
  • Topper's Camping Center

Here is the floor layout map:
http://www.houstonrvshow.com/2017hou...yout122816.pdf
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2017, 06:39 AM   #2

I am thinking about it, I would go (it is 160 miles away) if I knew there was stuff there for people not currently shopping for new RV's. We went to the show in Lake Charles a couple of weeks ago (50 miles away), and it was impressive for Lake Charles, however most of the indoor booths were mostly about selling metal roofs and chair cushions, etc not RV specific stuff. I think there was only one RV campground from Natchez with a booth and one or 2 RV time-share / own your own site places.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #3

The Houston Show is Not Like Lake Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
We went to the show in Lake Charles a couple of weeks ago (50 miles away), and it was impressive for Lake Charles, however most of the indoor booths were mostly about selling metal roofs and chair cushions, etc not RV specific stuff. I think there was only one RV campground from Natchez with a booth and one or 2 RV time-share / own your own site places.
I went to a show in Lake Charles about a month or so ago. It was pretty much the Dixie RV's Show and other dealers were allowed to bring what Dixie didn't bring. The booths were very limited. Also, the RV show was in conjunction with a boat show. But I got to see what I wanted and that was the Entegra line. Dixie had a pretty good spread, showing the entire line and I got to talk to the factory rep.

By contrast, the Houston RV and Motorhome Show is just that - RVs and Motorhomes. In fact, it's the largest all-indoor RV show in the world. I've been to it on several occasions, but I wasn't looking for a Class A, at the time. The booths are mostly geared to RVs. Like every trade show of any kind, there will be a couple of booths, promoting some amazing cleaning solution, a miracle cure for hang-nails, or some other such thing. But mostly, it will be stuff like fifth wheel gear, camp sites, resorts, awnings, tow bars, mail-forwarding services, etc. There should be about 50 vendor booths. The hall is about (guessing) 900' x 500' and they pack the RVs and motorhomes in there like sardines.

Expect the Houston show to be at 10 to 20 times the size of the Lake Charles show and it's all indoors. Most, if not all of the major manufacturers represented at the show will have a representative there. Knowing what it has been like in the past and since we are nearing the final decision-making process of buying a Class A, with a tag axle, I expect to spend at least two days at the show, grilling the various manufacturer reps. If you see a tall guy roaming around with an iPhone on a gimbal, at the end of an extension pole, that will probably be me.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:32 AM   #4

I may drive over for it on Wed / Thurs then, my wife has to dog sit for her sister in Lake Charles this weekend, so I have to be back home for the weekend to watch our dog. Her sister has has 2 tiny dogs ( Chihuahua and Yorky) and 2 medium size dogs, we have a 120 pound Mastiff (he is the runt of his litter). He plays fine with 2 30-50 pound medium size dogs, but might accidentally step or sit on one of the small ones (he does not comprehend his own size) so if my wife takes him with her she would have to walk the small ones on a leash instead of releasing them into the back yard with the other dogs.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, indoor