Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #1

75 N vs. 65

Planning a few trips South to Tennessee and beyond in the future (Florida, Georgia, etc.) - Most places I would normally take 75 to/fro Cincinnati, Oh.... (1st trip to Falls Creek Falls)

Fellow camper told me it's worth the extra 30-60minutes sometimes to head up/back to Cincy via 65N!? Not as many mountains of steep grades !?!?

Any thought or input on that from experience!? Thanks, Ej
6Kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
https://www.flattestroute.com/
Old 03-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Kampers View Post
Planning a few trips South to Tennessee and beyond in the future (Florida, Georgia, etc.) - Most places I would normally take 75 to/fro Cincinnati, Oh.... (1st trip to Falls Creek Falls)

Fellow camper told me it's worth the extra 30-60minutes sometimes to head up/back to Cincy via 65N!? Not as many mountains of steep grades !?!?

Any thought or input on that from experience!? Thanks, Ej
Just made a return trip from Indiana and used 65. Was mostly a smoother and less congested. An alternative route for you may be to use I24 from Nashville to Chattanooga as a connecter to I 75 into Georgia. I don't know the current condition of 24. Has been 6 years since I last traveled it.
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #4

I used I-65, 231, I-10, to I-75 going to FL this year and reversed that coming back to Indiana. My main reason was to avoid Atlanta and some of the mountains on that route. Seemed to work well for us but Cincinnati is in a little different spot since you are on I-75. You could use I-71 or I-59 as connector.
From where we live I preferred taking 65 over 75 but that is just me and you might not like it as well. Really depends on where you are going and how important time is for you. There did not seem to be any real drawbacks to taking 65 outside of the extra miles and time.

Tom
Old 03-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Just made a return trip from Indiana and used 65. Was mostly a smoother and less congested. An alternative route for you may be to use I24 from Nashville to Chattanooga as a connecter to I 75 into Georgia. I don't know the current condition of 24. Has been 6 years since I last traveled it.
I travel from the Knoxville area to the Birmingham, AL and Anniston, AL areas 6 to 8 times a year and I can tell you, Chattanooga is horrible with traffic and the Interstate in Chattanooge is really bad/bumpy. It is ALWAYS a relief once we are through Chattanooga....either going North or South. The downtown area where I-24 runs through it is what I'm referring to. Tons of traffic, except late night, is an exercise in patience for sure.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #6

We just went from Indy to Chattanooga and back. We used I65 to Nashville then I24 to Chattanooga. 65 is decent but as stated above 24 is rough thru Chattanooga. There is a steep grade or two traveling south on this route also.
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #7

Thanks-- when I go to Falls Creek Falls I think it's 6 to one half-dozen the other! Florida I will most likely try 65 home?!?
6Kampers is offline   Reply With Quote