Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Anyone ever overnight near Love's, Pilot or Terrible Herbst off I40 near Havasu

I am heading from socal to Moab and I plan on stopping over for the night at one of the truck stops off I40 and Hwy 95 south (hwy to Lake Havasu City)...there are some dirt sections off hwy 95 where I always see trucks and campers parked...it looks like they are only there for a short while but I am just wondering if anyone else has done this?...is this not cool? I would want to put the slides out.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #2

I haven't overnight-ed at that exact spot but I've done so in many places that sound similar. My particular take is its "ignored" (different than OK or allowed) when others are there, especially in the middle of nowhere.

And its easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. - I'd do it in a heartbeat
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you are going through Lake Havasu City there are 3 BLM camp-sites, one just south of the city on the east side but the exit off the highway is pretty steep through a ditch. We went to the one north of Lake Havasu City about 5 miles north on I 95 on the east side, a wide open area with nice views but a bit windy and you can stay as long as you want. The one that we should have stayed at was just north of the Havasu airport again on the east side, can't see the sign from the highway but it is the first turn after the airport on the north side, very nice, it's in a canyon with lots of sights. Best part is they are free and lots of nice people there! Again stay as long as you want.

Hope this helps, better than staying in a service station.
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #4

For the BLM area north of the town of Havasu City-

Craggy Wash, turn east on a dirt road at the extreme north side of the LHC airport runway. As a previous poster has said the actual camping is up the canyon not visible from the highway. Its only a half mile or so off the highway. We spend time there every winter. The canyon is probably 1-2 miles long of camping up into the canyon.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks everyone!......
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
There is a rest area on I-40 a few miles (10? maybe) east of that intersection. I don't know AZ policy on overnights at a rest area but could be considered.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote