Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2018, 06:14 AM   #1

Best route from Florida to Creed Co

Wondering what route is best for class A towing jeep from North Fl to Creede Colorado
Cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2018, 07:36 AM   #2

If you're thinking interstate, I believe I-40 is your best bet to get into the west then get north (maybe US-385 & US-87 - haven't been on them) to I-25 and US-160 west.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #3

Do you want to see anything on the way or just the interstate billboards? There are many good routes depending.....
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Do you want to see anything on the way or just the interstate billboards? There are many good routes depending.....

Need more info to really Help.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #5

All those are good. Staying in South Fork now at Rainbow RV. Be prepared for elevation!
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
We've decided we hate traveling via I-70 through Nashville, St. Louis, & KC toward Colorado.

We like I-10 to Mobile, AL; US98 to Hattiesburg, MS; US49 to Jackson, MS; I-20 to Dallas; US287 to Amarillo (for a steak at the Big Texan); US87 to Raton, AZ; and finally I-25 north to Denver. You can easily take US160 from Waldenburg, CO to CO149 into Creede.

Maybe you'll have time to stop at Great Sand Dunces NP. It's a nice place to visit and maybe hike the dunes.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
We've decided we hate traveling via I-70 through Nashville, St. Louis, & KC toward Colorado.

We like I-10 to Mobile, AL; US98 to Hattiesburg, MS; US49 to Jackson, MS; I-20 to Dallas; US287 to Amarillo (for a steak at the Big Texan); US87 to Raton, AZ; and finally I-25 north to Denver. You can easily take US160 from Waldenburg, CO to CO149 into Creede.

Maybe you'll have time to stop at Great Sand Dunces NP. It's a nice place to visit and maybe hike the dunes.
I think he means Raton NM. AZ is far West.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:28 AM   #8

Thank you all so very much for your input… We have decided to use the route from traveldawg and are so very grateful for everyone's response.

Thank you irv2 members,,,,
Cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
Thank you all so very much for your input… We have decided to use the route from traveldawg and are so very grateful for everyone's response.

Thank you irv2 members,,,,
If you get to Texas - I'd seriously consider going Far Around the Big Cities - TRAFFIC is Crazy.

Something like this - https://binged.it/2mNYYsW - with Texarkana and Paris - this route has been Used and suggested often as an alternative to the I's.

We've used and enjoyed it.

Just a thought,

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
If you get to Texas - I'd seriously consider going Far Around the Big Cities - TRAFFIC is Crazy.

Something like this - https://binged.it/2mNYYsW - with Texarkana and Paris - this route has been Used and suggested often as an alternative to the I's.

Just a thought,

Best of Luck,
I think Busstkipper has a good idea here. I'm going to try it the next time out that way.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post

Just a thought,

Best of Luck,
Good route!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
busskipper, twogypsies,
How's that US82 and TX72 road from Texarkana to US287?

And are there any overnight stops around Paris, TX?

Looks like I will try that route this spring on my way out west.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:57 AM   #13

Traveldawg, we live in Mims and head west every year. We have taken the upper route Tx Hwy 82 to get around DFW. Its a good road with lots of small towns to go through. A little slow for our liking. We looked for suitable campgrounds but couldn't find any unless we wanted to detour north on I-35 for a ways. We try to make it to Wichita Falls to overnight. We have been going 20 to 820 to 199/281 on the west side of Ft Worth to avoid the traffic snarl in downtown DFW.
X2 on the steak dinner at the Big Texan.
Good Luck
David
kdnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdnash View Post
Traveldawg, we live in Mims and head west every year. We have taken the upper route Tx Hwy 82 to get around DFW. Its a good road with lots of small towns to go through. A little slow for our liking. We looked for suitable campgrounds but couldn't find any unless we wanted to detour north on I-35 for a ways. We try to make it to Wichita Falls to overnight. We have been going 20 to 820 to 199/281 on the west side of Ft Worth to avoid the traffic snarl in downtown DFW.
X2 on the steak dinner at the Big Texan.
Good Luck
David
Thanks Dave. That's the info I was looking for. I think I'll just play it by ear. I think I'll be staying around Jackson, MS and will need one more stop before Amarillo. And since will be April I'll also be watching the weather which sometimes dictates the routes and distances.

Tags
florida