Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
My wife and daughter did the bus pass thing I think. She also has a number for a guy that will pick you up in a suburban take you where ever you want wait for you and take you to the next place. A great way to see the sights and decide where you want to spend more time. If your interested pm me and I will get you his number. We have used him twice and friends of ours used him a couple times.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #44

How difficult is it getting into liberty Harbor RV park with a 45 MH towing a Silverado ?
Old 03-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #45
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovo View Post
How difficult is it getting into liberty Harbor RV park with a 45 MH towing a Silverado ?
It's done all the time. You'll be on some city streets as you approach so caution ( as always ) is required.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
I haven't, but it sounds like the bus passes we had in NY as kids. If you can get one it clearly is worth the aggravation of money, planning when to get on and off, and being able to have the flexibility of travel.

We've done that twice and if we go again I'll do it again. There are three or four companies that do that using double decker looking buses. You'll get a narrative tour as you go along. You can buy a pass for three or four days, the longer the pass the more museums, boat rides, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc they include in the purchase price. We stayed at Liberty Harbor RV park and took the train/subway into or near Times Square. There were several street vendors selling the bus excursions or what ever they call them.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #47

The gentlemen that run Liberty Harbor will set you up with a tour that picks you up right at Liberty Harbor. 1/2 or full day

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
The gentlemen that run Liberty Harbor will set you up with a tour that picks you up right at Liberty Harbor. 1/2 or full day

Russell
I have emailed them and called them twice with zero response. I sure hope that's not a sign of how they do business.

Shawn, Tori, Ryan and "Paw's Memory"
New Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
We've done that twice and if we go again I'll do it again. There are three or four companies that do that using double decker looking buses. You'll get a narrative tour as you go along. You can buy a pass for three or four days, the longer the pass the more museums, boat rides, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc they include in the purchase price. We stayed at Liberty Harbor RV park and took the train/subway into or near Times Square. There were several street vendors selling the bus excursions or what ever they call them.
Do you recall how much to take the train or subway into the city?
Also how far to get to either of the stations?
We booked a 3 day pass for the 4 of us

Old 03-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #50

It's probably 4 blocks to the Path subway. The ferry docks right at liberty harbor. Maybe 100 yard from your RV.

As to not being able to contact I don't know about that. We were there June of 2012

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hobby View Post
Do you recall how much to take the train or subway into the city? Also how far to get to either of the stations? We booked a 3 day pass for the 4 of us
The sub way is small change and very convenient at 4 blocks away if it's not raining
The ferry is more like $12 round trip against $4 for the subway.
I'm sure you can organise the tour once you get there although I'd prefer DIY
Old 03-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #52

Can we find a schedule of the times that the ferry and subway run to those spots?

Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #53
Community Administrator

The ferry is a commuter and runs frequently in the morning and afternoon and less during the day. There's a schedule in the office but you won't have any difficulty taking it. The trains run frequently and we never waited more that 10-15 minutes on off rush hour times.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #54

National RV Owners Club
For the train or subway you put maybe $20 in the ticket vending machine for each of you and use that ticket till it gets low and add more $$ as/if necessary. Pretty easy to do - I don't think you want to buy tickets for each individual trip.
Edit: I think the ticket machines also take credit cards
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:56 AM   #55

Liberty Harbor called me back and we are all booked. We will be there
6-17,18,19,20. We have our 3 day New York pass and 2 days of hop on hop off buss service. We will go to the top of the statue of liberty on our last day.
Thanks for all the input in this thread.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:00 AM   #56
Community Administrator

You're gonna love it. Take lots of pics and let us know how it went.