Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
"Canada" Where would you go?

We are planning a trip to canada next summer and need some suggestions on where to go and what to see. We live in southern California.

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you want to see and experience something different then I suggest Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada – Official Tourism Website – NewfoundlandLabrador.com I've never heard a complaint about visiting that Province to date, just acknowledgments of having a great experience.

DW has a phobia about ships and water so I guess I'll never get to see it.

Cheers
Willey

Some photos of the Gros Morne National Park
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...tart=0&ndsp=20
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb Where in Canada

Hello Sammie, since you live in "Kalfornia" start coming up on I5 or 395 all the way or even the Coast Highway, look around BC here:

www.britishcolumbia.ca

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Sammie:

So, since you're apparently departing from California, are ya only talking about Western Canada (ie., British Columbia, Alberta, etc.) and looping back to California, or would you also consider the Maritime Provinces of Eastern Canada (ie. Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and/or maybe Newfoundland????) Knowing this would sure help us folks here on iRV2 in offering better advice. Also, how much time on the road do you plan?? Post back...o.k.? Steve & Lynette
Old 10-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #5

I suggest you consider Banff and Jasper National Parks, enough to do there to use up two weeks time. We just returned from there near the end of September. Had a great time viewing the magnificient scenery.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #6

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

In British Columbia be sure to visit the Okanagen Valley, Ft. Steele and surrounding area, almost any hot spring, and Provincial Parks. In Alberta Banff (Hot Spring is too crowded), Lake Louise, Ice Fields, Calgary (if stampede is in progress) and Jasper.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote