Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Central Louisiana to Memphis, scenic route?

The title sums it up, we are driving up to the east side of Memphis in May for our nieces graduation, then back taking 2-3 days to drive each way (google maps shows it is about 440 miles most direct route each way).

While I have driven from here to Memphis a number of times over the years, I have not done so in about 20 years, so don't know the current road conditions, best route usually used the interstate in the past).

We are considering taking the Natchez trace part of the way (probably as far north as Tupelo, going one direction), I have driven it before, but have not done the northern end in almost 20 years, and probably 10-12 years since I last drove the southern end.

We will be in our 28 ft class A towing my wife's Jeep Cherokee

Any comments on the river road option, east or west side, I am very familiar with the highways along the Mississippi river south of I-20, but not so much north of I-20 up to the Memphis area.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2021, 07:00 AM   #2

If you want to stay in Memphis Graceland is almost in the center.
https://www.graceland.com/rv-park-campground
Although, I prefer staying on the west side of the river at Tom Sawyers.
https://tomsawyerrvpark.com/

Can not help with the roads

Good Luck safe travels
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:09 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This is just our opinion

We tried Natchez Trace once, and were quickly ready to get off...

but, the exits are few and far between !

Unless you are REALLY into that section of history,
and have days to burn....

the SLOW speed limits and even slower drivers will get old fast...

IMHO watch a couple of videos:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=natchez+trace

Tags
route