RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon RR View Post
Never, ever drive through Salt Lake City via I-15. Just don't do it.
What about at 8am on a Sunday morning?

I donít have a choice, I have to travel through SLC heading north in March, so trying to time it for a Sunday morning.

Okanagan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #114

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two-million miles of accident-free commercial driving, including tour motorcoach (bus), go where you need / want to go. Drive according to how you feel safe. Don't hurry and don't let fellow drivers hurry you. YOU know YOUR machine and YOU. Don't detour and perhaps miss the time or place of your life out of anxiety. Enjoy SAFELY!

Old 01-26-2020, 06:13 PM   #115

Spartan Chassis
cities to avoid

We live in Massachusetts and try not to go into Boston even in a car. The 93/128 belt around stinks also.

Go outside to the 495 loop, much quieter and gets to the same places.

Driven through all the cities mentioned in the answers. YUP, they all suck !!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:49 PM   #116

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by osull View Post

Driven through all the cities mentioned in the answers. YUP, they all suck !!
Pretty much.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #117

Ford Super Duty Owner
We drove through SLC mid morning, don't remember which day but I think it was a weekday. Traffic ranged from light to quite heavy, but it flowed reasonably well. As with heavy traffic anywhere, you have to be on your toes and looking ahead so you can anticipate problems and lane changes.

I suggest GuyG has it right. If you're confident in your driving abilities, press on, whenever and wherever. If you're not confident, avoid it. Simple as that.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:05 AM   #118

Montreal and the province of Quebec. I fill up before entering and run through the province without stopping. Easier that way. The elevated hiway in the city is narrow and crazy. The city itself is interesting to visit but I hate driving through it.

The Orlando corridor can be nothing more than a parking lot. Lol.

The New York Washington bridge route, even on a Sunday afternoon it is jammed solid.
I don't mind traffic but there are times.

Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote