Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1

Cross country and back, almost complete

Several of you have tracked with us, thanks. It's been a great adventure! When I posted here before the trip, the idea of x-country with a schedule like ours raised opinions about whether we were going to get exasperated, pushed by our itinerary, etc. if you're interested, please catch up on our blog and comment here. Would love to know if the story is helpful. www.crosscountrybycar.wordpress.com
CalStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #2

Finis!

Well, now it is entirely complete and we are being still, at home, cooling our jets and savoring some memories. Total miles 8835. We traveled for 26 days out of the 49 total. The other 23 days we stayed local and saw the sights. Of the days we traveled, we averaged 340.

We dodged lightning in Nevada, camped by the Tetons, sweated in the humidity of Niobrara (NE) and Springfield (IL), explored caves in Hocking Hills (OH), saw the falls at Niagara, the beginnings of fall colors in New England, touched the Atlantic at Acadia, saw baseball at Fenway, shows in NYC, art in DC, history in VA, worked around closures in the Smokies, fought a flat tire incident to get to the Ozarks, the southern Rockies, Zion (beautiful!) and then home.

Read about it here.

If you have an interest in how we did it and want to talk about it, let me know. I'd love to converse with you about our experiences here. Yes, I wrote the blog at wordpress, but would enjoy chatting with fellow pup enthusiasts in this thread.

Cheers, and many thanks to the several who have written to me, commented and followed our adventures. We hope to do more -- just not right away (*happy to be home*)

Cal and Nancy
CalStevens is offline   Reply With Quote