Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

Driving Natchez Trace

are there any low height restrictions you folks have came across on the Natchez Trace. We are planning to drive it from Mississippi to Memphis.
Fleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #2

none that i recall between nashville and tupelo.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
I don't think there are any on the Trace between the Tennessee River and Nashville but I'm almost certain there is at least one or two on the secondary roads going UNDERNEATH the Trace.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #4

underneath

that's what I was the most concerned about. I figure the Parkway is pretty good but the pull off exits are the concern. I heard there are a couple of low bridges stopping to get gas etc... but trying to find out where.
Fleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
A quick view of the map at Allstays.com shows a 11'4" overpass on TN-241 (Napier Lake Road in Lewis County, Tennessee) to be about the only one on the northern part of the Trace. As I recall, it's a very small county road that doesn't have any type of amenities.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
If you plan the trip using RV Trip Wizard, you can see all the hazardous bridges on the side roads.

The Trace itself is good, but go to the website https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm and read the parts about RV's having trouble at some of the pullout areas along, the way. I just looked and some of the pullout areas are closed due to storm damage.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #7

One that I know of for sure is going under the Trace to the Thousand Trails campground at the northern end. There may be others, but there are none on the parkway itself.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:30 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
One that I know of for sure is going under the Trace to the Thousand Trails campground at the northern end. There may be others, but there are none on the parkway itself.
That CG warns you about which exit to take to avoid the underpass that eats RV AC units. One reviewer noted the number of busted AC units laying by the side of the road. The underpass comes up quick if you get off at the wrong exit.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #9

There are no height restrictions on the Trace itself. There possibly could be some getting on or off on some county roads. You do realize that the Trace only get within about 100 miles or so of Memphis. The Natchez Trace runs fro Natchez to Nashville, the closest point to Memphis would be Tupelo Ms.

Tags
ace