RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida to St. Andrews nb help with route

Going on the fantasy rv tour Canadian maratime your way
6/16/20-7/14/20
Leaving from Sarasota florida to St. Andrews nb
Wanting to avoid i95 in big cities
Looking for best route
Thanks steve

wetseal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2020, 07:11 PM   #2

We travel from Fort Myers area to lower NH every year and also like to avoid DC and NYC areas. We often take I-95 into VA then swing northwest on I-495 to I-270 to Frederick, MD where we pick up US-15 North into PA. There are some nice campgrounds in the Gettysburg/York area if you time it to spend the night. From there we get on I-78 East into NJ and get on I-287 North and cross the Hudson River via the Tappan Zee Bridge. Stay on I-287 East to I-684 north (gps may try to take you on the Saw Mill Parkway, but rv not allowed). I-684 ends at I-84; take exit going East on I-84 through CT onto I-90/Mass Pike to I-95 north into Maine and the Canadian border. Hope this gives you a rough idea of how to avoid the worst of the traffic and tolls. Have fun and enjoy you trip.

Gramiam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:31 AM   #3

+I95,495,270,15,I81 just plan your DC midday and Harrisburg is a chore but only 15 minutes

Just did this 3/17
DRvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, route