Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I was working it was a lot more then we drive now. Time was a lot more limited then so we really would push the envelope to get to our destination. To answer sometimes 10-12 hours. Now being retired it might 6 at best. If your going for a month sounds like you have some time to enjoy and see the sites. Just don't try to do and see everything, you won't enjoy the trip. I'm sure after being West you will surely want to return to explore more. We've been back many times and haven't even put a dent in the experience. Again have fun as I'm sure you will.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24 View Post
For those who have taken a long trip, about how many hours a day have you driven?
I believe how long, or how far you want to drive in one day is up to the individual. I love to drive, and if the daylight hours are long we'll be on the road shortly after dawn and in a CG for supper.

Travelling, in general, I would say with stops for breaks, fuel, etc. we average 50 mph. If I am traveling 8 hours on an interstate that gets me 400 miles.

What you choose may vary.

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24 View Post
For those who have taken a long trip, about how many hours a day have you driven?
We just finished a 2100 mile trip ... we travelled about 350 miles on 3 of the days, 250 miles one day, and about 450 on two of the days ... the 350 mile days were easy ... we drove the 450 mile days in order to coordinate our arrival with others ... that was further than it was comfortable or leasurely..

We generally drive about 62 mph ... when you factor in refueling, bathroom stops, and lunch breaks we average about 50 mph for the day ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24
Hello all,
Well it is official, we are going to take a month off and drive the winnie from SC to the Grand Canyon then take Route 66 back. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, we are just now starting to plan. So excited!!!!!!!!
Stop in and grab a burger at the Road Kill Cafe in Sleigman, Az. Good eats, really.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #19

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Hopefully we will be leaving Mar. 1 for about two months. This will be our longest trip. We will be heading to the west coast with several stops on the way out.
We will not have an agenda, when it feels right we will stop or go.
HC-1 phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC-1 phil
Hopefully we will be leaving Mar. 1 for about two months. This will be our longest trip. We will be heading to the west coast with several stops on the way out.
We will not have an agenda, when it feels right we will stop or go.
That's awesome, make sure you keep us updated as you go. Safe travels.
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE="HC-1 phil"]Hopefully we will be leaving Mar. 1 for about two months. This will be our longest trip. We will be heading to the west coast with several stops on the way out.
We will not have an agenda, when it feels right we will stop or go.[/QUOTE

Dayum I am sooooo jealeous!

Sign me "stuck working in the frozen flatlands"
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #22

We stayed inside the park with our 39" MH.. It was not the best CG we ever stayed at but was not that bad. If you see the lines trying to get into the park everyday, you will be glad your are staying inside the park. Also did the Palo Duro canyon and enjoyed the show at night. It does get hot at the bottom of the canyon even in early June. Need to go back to see the north rim at another time. Spent 4 nights in the park and then 3 nights at Williams which is on 66. They have great street entertainment every night downtown.
dls461 is offline   Reply With Quote