RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #1

Glacier NP to Santa Cruz CA

We have a 3-week trip and have our way to Glacier figured out- starting with visiting family in Yuba City, CA then to Canyonville Oregon, White Salmon Washington, Lewiston Idaho-visiting family, Coeur d'Alene Idaho, Polson Montana, Columbia Falls-Glacier NP.

We need help with routing our return from Glacier to Santa Cruz, CA which roads and campgrounds on route to stay.
Thank You!

pjsjrooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2020, 10:19 AM   #2

We are here now (staying at an outside RV Park). We tried to drive part of the "Road to the Sun" and we were turned away. The reason was "It's too crowded up there". They are trying to keep the parking lots at less than 40% full. They were "full" at 9:30 that morning. So, we took a drive up on Apgar Road for a bit, went back to the trailer for something to eat, then returned. We were able to drive part way up just a bit past McDonald Lodge and then able to enjoy some pull outs.

LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #3

It will be hard to get to park if they are only letting them get to 40% of capacity. We went last year around this time and had a hard time finding parking even when the entire parking lot was available. We plan to use there bus next time we get over there but I don't know if they are running them this year.
JDF83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #4

Use Google Maps. It gives 3 choices:

1. Our favorite would be 1173 miles: 35/93 to I-90 at Missoula, MT, Hwy 12 (curvy along the river but gorgeous) to 13 to 95 to Winnemucca, NV, I-80

2. 1201 miles: 35/82/28/135/I-90 at Spokane; 395 to I-84/97/I-5

3. 1324 miles: 35/83/200/141 to Garrison, MT, I-90/I-15/I-86; I-84 to Twin Falls, ID; 93 to I-80 This might be fastest if that's an issue. More interstates.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF83 View Post
It will be hard to get to park if they are only letting them get to 40% of capacity. We went last year around this time and had a hard time finding parking even when the entire parking lot was available. We plan to use there bus next time we get over there but I don't know if they are running them this year.

The red trolleys are not running due to Covid-19.
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote