Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #1

I 10 East From Houston Overnight Stops

Will be taking off tomorrow from the Houston area/ I 10 East into Louisiana and looking for suggestions for an overnight stop. Would like to chalk up 200 to 250 miles before stopping and have not found a lot of information on stops.
Thanks in advance for all replies.
Jim & Diane
jimemeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimemeone View Post
Will be taking off tomorrow from the Houston area/ I 10 East into Louisiana and looking for suggestions for an overnight stop. Would like to chalk up 200 to 250 miles before stopping and have not found a lot of information on stops.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Jim & Diane

If you don't mind getting off I10, we went across US90 which is near interstate level and stayed a couple of days here:

http://www.cypressbayou.com

They have a small full hookup campground with 50 amp sites about $18/night. We took in the sights of Avery Island (Tabasco Sauce) and Jefferson Island.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #3

We like "A-1 Motel & RV Park" in Sulphur, LA. Easy on-off I-10, nice sites and two swimming pools but I bet they are cold now.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #4

There is a rest stop we frequent about 20 miles east of Lafayette, LA; shortly after you enter the 55mph area in the Atchafalaya Swamp. Great place, RV parking separate from trucks and cars. Never been bothered there, easy off and on I 10. About 200 miles from Houston on I10.

Also one at mile marker 815 in Texas, fairly new rest area so all facilities are clean and taken care of. Only down side is RVs are parked side by side with the 18 wheelers. This would probably be too close to Houston for you but is an option if you need it
Old 12-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #5

I am not sure about your overall plans but you may want to check out Betty's RV Park it is about 20 miles off I-10 south of Lafayette
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #6

I may be to late but if you do come back to read this install the app RVparky into your phone and you will never be without a place to overnight and you will never run ot of fuel.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:39 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A few years ago we went through that area. 200 miles from Houston in Duson, LA, is the Frog City RV Park. Frankly, we stopped there because of the name, found it to be a pleasant place and stayed a couple of days.
The "Frog City" refers to the nearby town of Rayne, which is the "Frog Capital of the World".

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:24 AM   #8

Sounds like you just want to rest for the night? Pickup a APP for Interstate rest stops. Make sure you are looking at marked rest stops in the directing you are heading! And try to get into the interstate rest stops by 5pm to get a good spot before the truckers and other RV's show up. We try to get a end lane but at times big rigs will still pull in next to us. We tend to leave the rest stop by 5am...

Another good app to have is truck stops for fuel locations. We always use big rig fuel islands (Loves, Flying J, etc...) this way I know we can get in and OUT rather than risking the passenger fuel islands.