Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2021, 05:05 PM   #1

Is Ohio Still The Best State To Buy EZPass?

We traveled back east from California a few years ago and at the time the Ohio EZPass was best....... Is that still true?.....

Thanks LeeB
LeeB is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #2

If you want to travel toll roads in FL get the Uni from CFX Toll agency in FL or the ones from GA and NC. All other EZPass states will not work on any tollway run under the FL Dept of Transportation(Sunpass), i.e. Florida's Turnpike, some Orlando as well as the Selmon and Sun Coast Parkway in Tampa and others. The Uni from CFX does work an all FL toll roads as well as the EZ Pass states.

The kicker is you could be on an Orlando tollway, say the 429 and parts of it are run by Sunpass, other parts are run by CFX. Without diligent research ahead of time you will have no idea whose road you are on until it's too late. The 528 and 417 are also screwy like that.

Unsure about SoFlo but it is also likely a mish mash of different agencies.
SteveJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ. View Post
If you want to travel toll roads in FL get the Uni from CFX Toll agency in FL or the ones from GA and NC. All other EZPass states will not work on any tollway run under the FL Dept of Transportation(Sunpass), i.e. Florida's Turnpike, some Orlando as well as the Selmon and Sun Coast Parkway in Tampa and others. The Uni from CFX does work an all FL toll roads as well as the EZ Pass states.

The kicker is you could be on an Orlando tollway, say the 429 and parts of it are run by Sunpass, other parts are run by CFX. Without diligent research ahead of time you will have no idea whose road you are on until it's too late. The 528 and 417 are also screwy like that.

Unsure about SoFlo but it is also likely a mish mash of different agencies.
Thanks SteveJ. We are going to Florida but only to the panhandle, Navarre to be exact. We will be dropping down from Alabama.Thanks
LeeB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:38 PM   #4

Illinois and South Carolina seems to be best per this old thread. There are no toll roads in the FL panhandle(South Alabama).
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #5

Google says ----- What state should I buy my EZ Pass from?
New Hampshire
The best choice for us is to purchase an E-Z Pass from New Hampshire. The state charges $8.90 per tag and requires a minimum $30 deposit as prepaid tolls into your account, up to two tags.Jan 15, 2014
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
We traveled back east from California a few years ago and at the time the Ohio EZPass was best....... Is that still true?.....

Thanks LeeB
We purchased from Florida, they called it something else in December when we purchased. I hope they just changed the name because I just bought them. If you googled ezpass you would not find this product as it does not have that name. It replaced ezpass plus or extra not sure what the last name was.

at sunpass.com thru Florida

Introducing the All-New SunPass PRO

SunPass PRO is a portable transponder that works in Florida, Georgia and everywhere E-ZPass is accepted. SunPass PRO offers drivers the convenience of paying tolls automatically from Florida to Maine and west to Illinois, allowing nonstop travel with just one toll account.
SunPass PRO is a product of SunPass, Florida’s Prepaid Toll Program.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post

Thanks LeeB
This is what I bought, different Florida Authority. I did not buy from Amazon, I bought thru cfxway.com

NEW! Uni

Works in 18 states

Benefits

Uni is CFX’s new electronic toll pass – the only Florida-based transponder that works seamlessly in 18 states from Florida to Maine and west to Illinois.
Uni also provides the same benefits and exclusive volume toll discounts as the E-PASS sticker and all other E-PASS products.

Features

• Works on all toll roads in 18 states
  • Use it to pay parking at Orlando International Airport
  • Movable from car to car
    (vehicle information must first be updated on your E-PASS account)
  • Can be used with motorcycles
    (install varies based on the motorcycle)
Find Out More

$14.95 + tax

Will be shipped within 48 hours of order

Uni has recently replaced the E-PASS Portable as our portable transponder option within the E-PASS suite of products. Uni offers all the benefits of E-PASS Portable plus the added feature that Uni works throughout 18 states from Florida to Maine and west to Illinois.
E-PASS Portable customers can be assured that E-PASS Portable will continue to work throughout FL, GA and NC and will be fully supported by CFX.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:30 AM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
NC EZpass is also good for all EZpass and Sunpass roads. We have had the NC pass for several years with no issues.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:03 PM   #9

It does not work on the FL turnpike. Ask me how I found that out! We still have our old regular Sunpass so use that in FL and the NC quick pass everywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmck1737 View Post
NC EZpass is also good for all EZpass and Sunpass roads. We have had the NC pass for several years with no issues.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
This link tells all the states where you can use EZ Pass: https://turnpikeinfo.com/toll-passes.php

E-ZPass States

The E-ZPass system is the largest interoperable toll collection and payment system in the United States.

States connected to the E-ZPass system include Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia.

Additionally, as of May 28, 2021, all of Florida's toll roads are compatible with E-ZPass.

It also works for the I-65 & I-265 toll bridges over the Ohio River in Louisville, KY.