Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 AM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Leaving next week for a trip to Buena Vista Colorado. We plan on taking 70 West this time. I have always came in from the South, on previous trips.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I don't see many truck stops between Limon and Colorado Springs. Is there any large ones close to the Springs. I would like to fuel up before hitting the mountains. I have a motor home and will be towing,so I like larger stations.

2. Is there any high elevations climbs, between the Springs and Buena Vista. My topo map isn't very clear. Looks like a valley.

Any information or suggestions are appreciate.

Thanks
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Leaving next week for a trip to Buena Vista Colorado. We plan on taking 70 West this time. I have always came in from the South, on previous trips.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I don't see many truck stops between Limon and Colorado Springs. Is there any large ones close to the Springs. I would like to fuel up before hitting the mountains. I have a motor home and will be towing,so I like larger stations.

2. Is there any high elevations climbs, between the Springs and Buena Vista. My topo map isn't very clear. Looks like a valley.

Any information or suggestions are appreciate.

Thanks
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Okrver

Two years ago we went from the Springs up US 24 to Limon. It's a nice route to travel. Lots of places to fill up passing through the Springs crossing I-25.

My map indicates a pass west of Lake George - Wilkerson Pass - indicated to be 9,502'.

Safe miles to ya.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Okrver... You won't have any trouble, especially with your diesel between Colorado Springs and Buena Vista. We go up that way all the time, with our gas coach pulling a toad. It's a gradual, but not overly steep climb once you leave Colorado Springs heading west on Highway 24 to the top of Wilkerson Pass.

There are no truck stops 'per se' between Limon and Colorado Springs. There is a Western Convenience easy in and out on Highway 24 west of Colorado Springs just before you get to Woodland Park. It's on the right side of the highway as you travel west. Usually good prices too.

Have a good trip.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote