Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #1

Little nervous going over I-70 from Denver to Utah

Arriving in Denver this afternoon. Cold rainy and snowy this am in Denver but should be clear when I arrive. Sunday is supposed to be good clear weather all through Sunday over the mountain.. This, according to NOAA weather.. Is there any more I need to worry about?
Indy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy54 View Post
Arriving in Denver this afternoon. Cold rainy and snowy this am in Denver but should be clear when I arrive. Sunday is supposed to be good clear weather all through Sunday over the mountain.. This, according to NOAA weather.. Is there any more I need to worry about?
Think about driving out RT 6 From Golden to Idaho Springs - I-70 Beautiful drive and goes right along Clear Creek.

https://binged.it/2ofh4qB

You will love the whole time in Colorado.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It looks like you are hitting a window of good weather. You might want to check www.cotrip.com for CDOT cameras, road conditions, and traffic reports. Enjoy the drive through the mountains and Glenwood Canyon.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Just looked at the CDOT cameras - Snow is clean and WHITE - Roads are Black and Clear.

Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation

Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation

You will love the drive - Take lot's of Pictures -

You are going to Love it,
Old 04-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Think about driving out RT 6 From Golden to Idaho Springs - I-70 Beautiful drive and goes right along Clear Creek.

https://binged.it/2ofh4qB

You will love the whole time in Colorado.

JMHO,

Busskipper, I appreciate your help and advice. Really. I'm squeamish enough just staying on the big I-70! I'll be fine though.. I'm sitting in Evergreen CO right now. Will head out first thing in the am..
Old 04-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #6

Thanks guys for the great highway websites
Old 04-23-2017, 08:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Busskipper, I appreciate your help and advice. Really. I'm squeamish enough just staying on the big I-70! I'll be fine though.. I'm sitting in Evergreen CO right now. Will head out first thing in the am..
Be sure to Get your DW to take a few pictures through the front windshield - Will be good to remember the View and not the Anxiety.

You will love it,
Old 04-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Lived in that area (Conifer) for many years. Do note that the climb up to the Eisenhower tunnels is a long up hill but not too bad. The drive down to Frisco on the other side is very steep and long. Do use lower gears and if not set up with breaks for you tow vehicle then unhitch and drive it down separately.

If you have the time stop in Breckenridge or Vail as you drive through. Both are nice places to spend a few hours and have meal

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #9

Whoa! What a nice ride! Lots of 35-40 mph in 1st gear going up and down, but the MH did a great job of keeping it under control..
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0903.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	159316