Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Louisiana US 90

I was thinking about taking US 90 west from New Orleans to see Cajun Country. It was pretty bad from Mississippi into New Orleans. There were some low bridge weights but still designated as a truck route on my Motor Carriers Atlas. Anyone know what I should expect or are all Louisiana roads in tough shape?
TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #2

I took 90 a few months ago, didn't feel it was any worse than I 10, plus you don't have to fight Baton Rogue traffic.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:03 AM   #3

Hwy 90 from New Orleans to Lafayette is the future I49 corridor and much of it has been upgraded to interstate grade with the exception of the last few miles where it would connect to I-10 in Lafayette on surface streets. The last time I drove this section a year or so ago the 1-2 miles south of I-10 on surface streets was in poor condition. West of Lafayette Hwy 90 parallels I-10 to Lake Charles and is in generally fair condition, though the expansion joints can cause bouncing depending on the wheel base. If you really want to see cajun country (New Iberia, Avery Island, the Tabasco factory, Rip Van Winkle Gardens, Abbeville, Kaplan, Cameron, Holly Beach, etc.) I would suggest taking LA 14 and LA 82 along the coast, though pavement condition will be worse, and the hwy will be narrower. Some of these state roads have been recently repaved and are wider and smooth, other sections are narrower and should have been repaved a decade ago, with LA 14 it seems to alternate 5 miles of smooth, 3 miles of rough, and 2 miles of shake your teeth out, then repeat.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote