Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #1

Missouri to Colorado on Hwy. 36

DW & I are planning to take the kids & dogs to Fort Collins in June. As we live in Missouri and the I-70 corridor is a completely mind-numbing trip, we are considering taking highway 36 across. Has anybody gone that way before? Are there any sights to see? Also, are there any decent campgrounds mid-way? We'll be in our 30' FourWinds.
Montana722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Well that is Kansas enough said
Old 05-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Highway 36 is much better scenery, dotted with many smaller communities along the way. You will find many rv spots to accommodate your family. We live just 25 miles north, in the SW corner of Nebraska. Google your route to find lots of interesting sights. 36 is a very good two lane. You might also consider dropping up to hiway 34 in NE, as it goes directly into Ft. Collins. I think, also a little shorter route. Check your maps and see where you can pick up 34 best for your location. Have a safe trip.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes ... great route. Don't be in a hurry and enjoy the DairyQueen(!) in EVERY town. You will see a lot more of America than you will on I70. In fact, a lot of those "Blue Highways" are the better options than the Interstate system (IMO). \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #5

I appreciate the responses. I haven't had a good Peanut Buster Parfait in forever. I KNOW that I hate I-70. I'm going to give this a run this year. Are there any nice campgrounds we should watch for as we meander across?

Thanks,
Mike
Montana722 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado