Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I don't think I understand your post. Rumble strips are everywhere. I drove a stretch of road today that has the rumble strip with the white line painted over it.
It's all about noise pollution....
sledbiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflyer View Post
The question isnít whether or not to have them. Itís where to put them.
My point exactly. Thank you. There might be some truth to the point that cell phones and other modern distractions make rumble strips more necessary. I wouldn't even think about riding a bicycle on a busy public roadway these days, and I used to do it all the time.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:53 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledbiker1 View Post
It's all about noise pollution....
Still not sure why you singled out my post that I thought was fairly critical of strips too close to the roadway. No one likes to hit them and I am fairly certain most drivers attempt to avoid them.

Good luck with getting the ones in your neighborhood moved further from the roadway.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #102

Rumble strips are a great training device as well as a life saving one.
Marine Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #103

White line/rumble strips.......not suppose to drive on either
Stay IN your lane and the drive will be quieter, less annoying

Drift onto white line/rumble strips and little blue lights may be your next rant.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #104

Monaco Owners Club
Iím all in with you on that!
You tread over to be farther (and safer) from oncoming traffic and I hit the shaker machine which causes my wife to tell me to wake up and to keep my eyes on the road!
I really appreciate them for when I am getting tired. But they should be on the outer edge of the yellow shoulder line. Two knocks on that and I automatically find a place to pull over, thatís our rule.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob J Fisher View Post
As a cyclist having rumble strips in the center of the shoulder puts me to close to traffic if I ride to the left or in tire flating debris if I ride to the right, if there is any room to begin with. So having the rumble strips on the white line works the best for me.

I'm an avid cyclist AND an RV owner. So I know both sides of this. The rumble strips should be under the white line. That way it leaves me room to ride AND it is a 'some what' of a safety devise keeping the cars in the/their lane.

Now, the down side is that all the glass, metal, parts of cars (that people litter), gravel, etc is in my riding space. Before RS all that debris was picked up/kicked away by cars, trucks and RV's that didn't stay in the lane. Now I have to ride through it.

My thought is: That if people don't like the RS 'under' the white (fog) line it's because it just shows/keeps reminding them that they are not a very good driver... They can not keep their vehicle in the center of the traffic lane.
MikeT5200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #106

I hate rumble strips because they distract my texting.
Marine Les is offline   Reply With Quote