Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Myrtle Beach to Gaffney SC

Hi - Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on getting to Gaffney from Myrtle Beach. I see a couple taking smaller highways instead of going I26 to Spartanburg then I85 on to Gaffney but wondered how RV friendly they were.

97 before Columbia or 176 after.

Thanks
Ben
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We’ve done a bunch of the state and county highways with no problems. If your first time in Gaffney (and going to the service center) take it slow approaching the final turn off the county road. The signage is not real clear - your GPS should have no problems.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:15 PM   #3

One other option is to take I-77 North toward Charlotte, then I-485 over to I-85 South to Gaffney. Was just there last week and there is road construction on I-85 N and S at the Gaffney exit.
pbpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpaul View Post
One other option is to take I-77 North toward Charlotte, then I-485 over to I-85 South to Gaffney. Was just there last week and there is road construction on I-85 N and S at the Gaffney exit.
Yep - I85 from south of Spartanburg through Gaffney has been torn up for over a year now. Not sure why, but they completely demo'd the northbound side of the relatively new bypass around Spartanburg. If you must go through there, be sure to use I85 Business(the old I85) through town.

Also second Paul's suggestion to take it slow - look for the community college signage.
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach