RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2020, 05:55 PM   #1

Navigation app by miles

Is there an app or web site where it will tell me what falls into my range for the day from my current location?
Suppose Iím here and I want to travel 400 miles today. What falls into my 400 mile range. Donít matter which direction just what falls into my range.
Thanks
Pointrow
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #2

RV Trip Wizard will do this by hours or distance. Cost is $49/year.

You get 3 products with your subscription.

1) RV Trip Wizard, a web-based Trip Planning product accessed from your web browser at www.rvtripwizard.com

2) RV Life, a mobile app that will allow you to do real time RV Friendly turn-by-turn offline navigation. This can be downloaded and installed on your mobile device from your app store.

3) Maintain My RV, a web-based application that allows you to record and get maintenance reminders for your RV. Logon at www.maintainmyrv.com

All products come with a single subscription and all use the same logon credentials.

In addition we have campgroundreviews.com, a crowd sourced review of over 20,000 campgrounds. There is no cost for this product. You can use your RV Trip Wizard credentials to login here as well.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
NXR

RV Trip Wizard recently added an Advanced Driving Circle feature that displays the user-settable range rings by roads and not by a simple radius.

These are set at 186 miles, 248 miles, and 310 miles. At 62 MPH that's 3 hours, 4 hours, and 5 hours respectively.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVTW.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	306928  
Old 11-07-2020, 05:10 PM   #4

If you want actual miles from your location Base Camp will give you that information. Create a route, in any direction from where you are and it will give you mile x mile distance by placing your mouse arrow on the route you created.

Circles are accurate if you drive on straight roads only. In the mountains, not so much.

Base Camp is a free download from Garmin.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
If you want actual miles from your location Base Camp will give you that information. Create a route, in any direction from where you are and it will give you mile x mile distance by placing your mouse arrow on the route you created.

Circles are accurate if you drive on straight roads only. In the mountains, not so much.

Base Camp is a free download from Garmin.
Not doubting you for a second, but from a practical planning perspective, what you're really looking for is the spot at which you want to start looking for your stopping point, whether for gas, rest stop, overnight or whatever. An exact mileage number really isn't that important as your actual stopping point is going to be plus or minus from that point anyway, and the advanced driving rings give you that search starting point much more accurately than the classic circles. BaseCamp provides many other attributes that make it a valuable tool, but for daily mileage planning, you already have that in RVTW.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Not doubting you for a second, but from a practical planning perspective, what you're really looking for is the spot at which you want to start looking for your stopping point, whether for gas, rest stop, overnight or whatever. An exact mileage number really isn't that important as your actual stopping point is going to be plus or minus from that point anyway, and the advanced driving rings give you that search starting point much more accurately than the classic circles. BaseCamp provides many other attributes that make it a valuable tool, but for daily mileage planning, you already have that in RVTW.

I found your post in "Navigation, Routes and Roads". Thus was unaware of your RVTW.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
I found your post in "Navigation, Routes and Roads". Thus was unaware of your RVTW.
Not a problem. The two previous posts had intro'd RVTW into the discussion, so I thought your post was building on those replies. We were both just trying to contribute to the discussion.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote