RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #15

NC to Elkhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
I need to get some service done on my coach so headed to Elkhart in mid to late June. Starting point is Sanford, NC. This will be the first trip where I take on some "mountains" and while I'm a bit intimidated I think I can handle grades and such by taking it easy. Still, the less the better for this newbie. Trip Wizard takes me up around Greensboro thru West Virginia and on to Ohio via 35 to Dayton and then 75 north to 30. The rest seems straight forward. Campgrounds seem plentiful but not many close to the highway in some areas. No real time pressure other than making the appointment so I can start early as necessary. Route and campground suggestions? Going I plan one nighters but I can linger on the return.

This is an excellent route I have traveled a number of times. Lots less traffic than 40 and 75 plus much shorter. You do have the WV turnpike. It is very smooth. 35 and 23 to Dayton is very good with light traffic. Some grades thru Virginia but very senic and not worst than 40. I used to go 40 to 75 but not anymore. Have a good trip.

iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
Heck, I might just take I 40 west and pick up I 75. Will look at it.
This is the route I took back in November, not bad. My goal was to get there quick, 1st night made it to a Flying J in Walton, easy drive the next day thru Cincy, Indy, then 31 to Elkart. Only tough part of the drive is the curves on i40 past Asheville.