Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #1

anyone traveled from louisiana to branson Mo. how are the roads, and I need the best route with the fewest mountains. we are going in November, we now are pulling a 40 ft fifth wheel. SO needless to say,the hubby and I are somewhat nervous.

designer by jayco, and a ford dually
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #2

anyone traveled from louisiana to branson Mo. how are the roads, and I need the best route with the fewest mountains. we are going in November, we now are pulling a 40 ft fifth wheel. SO needless to say,the hubby and I are somewhat nervous.

designer by jayco, and a ford dually
Old 09-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #3

Hello:
If you have membership with Triple A (AAA.com)you will be able to create online TripTik's. Delorme has a similar subscription service as does Rand McNally. AAA gives you the additional benefit of insurance, RV towing(extra), roadside assistance, etc. all included in their Plus membership(no I do not work for AAA).
AAA suggests I43 to I30 to S55 for a total of 591 miles (probably an easy 2 day trip). As far as the mountains, you can go over to Google Maps and once you have entered a city name you can select the hybrid option which will show the terrain as well as the highway routes.I am sure there are other routes perhaps I55 to S63 to S160.

We are planning a cross country for next summer and some one recommended Table Rock campground(state park?) in Branson.

Enjoy your trip

Tom
New Hampshire
Little Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Ronnie and Ginger,
There is no way to get to Branson without those pesky hills. We will be in Branson the last week in October through the first week in November. First the bad news. The shortest but heart stoping route is to get on route 65 and go North to Branson. From just North of Little Rock into Branson the road goes up, down and around. The road also goes through numerous small towns with traffic lights and right and left turns. The quality of the road is good. It is the up, down and around the I greatly dislike. FYI, if you have read any of my posts on this subject, you know I am biased against route 65.

If it was me, I'd go East and take I55 North to Route 60 West (in Southern Missouri). In Springfield get on Route 65 South into Branson. That being said, from Springfield South to Branson, there are hills. However, these hills are taken on a 4 lane road.

You didn't ask, but I'd recommend the KOA in Branson. They are about a mile or two from the strip. Very convenient. Stay away from Shenanigans RV Park. The CG is nice, but with a 40 foot 5ver, getting in and out of the CG would be an adventure.

We've been the Branson sevetal times, if you have any questions, post here or PM me.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #5

Just returned from Branson, had a great time, drove up and back on US65, agree there are lots of hills and curves and this makes for a long drive, but it was he shortest route for me and really didn't have any problem. Just took my time and enjoyed the sights. Which in my case was about three and half hours. I don't drive fast just careful. My rig weights 19K and the truck 10K, so I had a lots of weight to move.

If I do this again, and will some day, will overnight in/around Conway and drive up the follwing morning. Makes for a shorter day. I try to keep the travel day to approx. 200 miles or so.

Enjoy the your trip.

Tide Guy
2007 40Ft. Travel Supreme
2006 Ford F550 PSD CC
Tide Guy is offline   Reply With Quote