Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2023, 05:04 PM   #1

Need a RV-friendly gas station on Hwy 101 (CA), between Willits and Eureka

Anyone familiar with California's Highway 101 between Willits, CA and Eureka CA? I'm looking for an RV-friendly gas station for our 36' Class A. We're heading up that way and my last fill up wll be in Williams, CA at a Love's. Unfortunately, everything that I've looked at on Google maps looks very UN-RV friendly! Help please?
Jeaneene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2023, 05:13 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have filled up at the Costco in Eureka many times.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I have filled up at the Costco in Eureka many times.
Yeah, I was looking at that ... might be worth the membership; I dunno ...
Old 03-23-2023, 05:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is a station on the North end of town but it is on the wrong side of the divided streets. You would have to go North, turn around and enter Eureka from the North.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:10 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaneene View Post
Anyone familiar with California's Highway 101 between Willits, CA and Eureka CA? I'm looking for an RV-friendly gas station for our 36' Class A. We're heading up that way and my last fill up wll be in Williams, CA at a Love's. Unfortunately, everything that I've looked at on Google maps looks very UN-RV friendly! Help please?

Jeaneene,
If by RV friendly you mean without any bump or dip to access the station
I suggest Valley Pacific petroleum ( previously called Renner. ) at the cooks valley location. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Re...g%2F11f4_6flkp
It has a clean approach and plenty of room. Their is also a Patriot station right their but I haven't used that.so I can't say.
Good luck.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
There is a station on the North end of town but it is on the wrong side of the divided streets. You would have to go North, turn around and enter Eureka from the North.
Thank you! I'll make note of that as well
Old 03-24-2023, 05:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDiesel View Post
Jeaneene,
If by RV friendly you mean without any bump or dip to access the station
I suggest Valley Pacific petroleum ( previously called Renner. ) at the cooks valley location. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Re...g%2F11f4_6flkp
It has a clean approach and plenty of room. Their is also a Patriot station right their but I haven't used that.so I can't say.
Good luck.
Thank you. Another two added to my list!
Old 03-24-2023, 05:35 AM   #8

If you can make it to Ukiah, about 15-20 mins south of Willits there are several decent Stations. Since it appears that you'll be traveling from Williams CA, I'll assume you'll be taking Hwy 20 around Clearlake to get to 101?

The North State Street exit has Jensen's Truck Stop on the right of the off ramp. I get fuel here a lot. Plenty of room for a 36 footer.

Ukiah also has a Costco at the south side of town by the Airport but I don't believe they have Diesel.

Hope this help,

Nem
Old 03-28-2023, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisus View Post
If you can make it to Ukiah, about 15-20 mins south of Willits there are several decent Stations. Since it appears that you'll be traveling from Williams CA, I'll assume you'll be taking Hwy 20 around Clearlake to get to 101?

The North State Street exit has Jensen's Truck Stop on the right of the off ramp. I get fuel here a lot. Plenty of room for a 36 footer.

Ukiah also has a Costco at the south side of town by the Airport but I don't believe they have Diesel.

Hope this help,

Nem
The Ukiah Costco doesn't have diesel. We're there all the time.

I was going to recommend something similar. Cloverdale and Hopland also have a few choices, but avoid the Renner in Cloverdale as it has a bad approach for RVs. Of course, this also depends on how you go around Lake County you would bypass Cloverdale and Ukiah altogether.

Its a twisty drive from Williams to 101! Taake care.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas