Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #1

Question Need info on Pennsylvania

I am going to Reinholds PA later this month. I know what roads I want to take to PA but I need info about the best roads to take after I get to PA. One way would be to take I-81 to I-83 and then take the PA turnpike to US-222.

The way I would like to go is, take I-81 to US30 and US30 to US222. Will I have any trouble going this way with my MH?
Modela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You won't have any trouble traveling Route 30 in Pa. with a MH. I took 30 the whole way across the state last July. It has a lot of beautiful vista's. I lived in western pa. for 45 years and it's a beautiful state.
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #3

West of York, 30 is pretty slow going with lots of lights. The turnpike is expensive depending on the weight of your MH. Class 4 (19K-30K) 2 axles is $11.25 without EZ Pass for Exit 226 to 286. But certainly the quicker less stop and go route. Unless there is something you really want to see along 30, I would recommend 81 to the turnpike then north on 222.

Please be sure to spend lots of money while you are here. We need your tax $.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
West of York, 30 is pretty slow going with lots of lights. The turnpike is expensive depending on the weight of your MH. Class 4 (19K-30K) 2 axles is $11.25 without EZ Pass for Exit 226 to 286. But certainly the quicker less stop and go route. Unless there is something you really want to see along 30, I would recommend 81 to the turnpike then north on 222.

Please be sure to spend lots of money while you are here. We need your tax $.
If you have a auto behind you, do they charge for it.
I plan on spending a lot while I am there. Need to keep everyone working so I can get my SS each month.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, PA Turnpike will charge by the axle as well as weight. But as said above, if you don't need to see the sights along Rt. 30, (the Linclon Highway, beautiful if you have the time) stay off it and use an alternate. Another choice, which I would do, is 81 to 78, 183 south to 222 south. May be a little bit longer, but no fees, nice scenery. Remember, in PA we are known for the truck traffic on our roads. We are the crossroads of the northeast. Every 18 wheeler going anywhere will pass through PA. Be conscious on caravans! Have a nice trip. (when you pass Exit 77 on I-81, beep and wave, you'll pass my house!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertman View Post
Yes, PA Turnpike will charge by the axle as well as weight. But as said above, if you don't need to see the sights along Rt. 30, (the Linclon Highway, beautiful if you have the time) stay off it and use an alternate. Another choice, which I would do, is 81 to 78, 183 south to 222 south. May be a little bit longer, but no fees, nice scenery. Remember, in PA we are known for the truck traffic on our roads. We are the crossroads of the northeast. Every 18 wheeler going anywhere will pass through PA. Be conscious on caravans! Have a nice trip. (when you pass Exit 77 on I-81, beep and wave, you'll pass my house!
Thinks for the info everyone. bertman I looked at that route and just may take it. I am not in a big hurry so stop and go will not brother me. Also when I pass exit 77 I will blow my horn. Make sure you are outside so you can hear it.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #7

Hi Bertman:
While your passing out tourist information and I seem to have a few extra days on my hands to explore your beautiful state in June I was wondering if you could give me the name of an amusement park in Eastern PA. I don't know the name of it and only heard of it while sitting around a campfire in New Jersey. The only thing I know is that it does not have a fence around it and it charges by the ride like a carnival and is very family oriented. The people talking about it were very nostalgic so maybe it doesn't even exist anymore. I hope to camp around Hamburg (Cabelas) on June 22,23,2013 and do my small part to boost the economy of your state.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

Knoebels Amusement Park. They offer reasonable rates for rides. Their food selections and prices are also good.
hark582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #9

Thanks Hark582. Looks great.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote