Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #57

One issue with the RV890 but overall I love having it on my dash. In Florida the beginning of the year and it kept telling me to use the “express lane” which according to the signs was not allowed for a motorhome with a TOAD. Not really an issue until it came time to exit where the express lane exit went a different direction than the regular lane exit. Needless to say we missed the exit and headed to Miami instead of south on the better route. The motorhome was programmed in with proper height, towing a 2 axle trailer (TOAD) with height and length correct. Not sure why Garmin doesn’t include adding a vehicle towed behind the motorhome but the trailer selection is OK.
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #58
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Conditioned Gypsy View Post
Garmin fooled me a few years ago on approach to FMCA Campground, traveling west on 32. Garmin routed us north on I275 to the next exit and then south on a curvy road along the river. A few miles out of the way and a harder road for the coach (driver) to handle. We have been back, but now just stay on 32 with no problems.
Hey, I may know that road!

Generally when there is an "A" exit and a "B" exit, they are not the same exit. But the I-285 (?) exit for the FMCA campground is. The exit ramp splits off into A and B.

So we blew right past the exit coming from the north and got off at the next one. The Gamin routed us back to the FMCA campground on a road that met that description except it also was fairly narrow.

Ray
Old 04-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Sounds to me like it did and you repeatedly ignored them.

The big difference is Google thinks you're in a car, Garmin knows you're in a RV.

Except it didnít say WHY it was rerouting us. I think it should say Low Bridge Ahead. It never did until we actually saw the bridge. That should have been flashing the entire way.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:08 PM   #60

I think TriMoot has a great idea for a suggestion to Garmin.

Much like the units that have traffic updates and tell you "there's a five minute delay on your route", if there's a reason for it to do a re-calc of your route because of a "parameter violation", it could give you both an audible and a visual warning.

Maybe Garmin RV has a "suggestion box"!
Good luck!
LLOYD S
O Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:32 PM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
OK my motorhome has a built-in Garmin into the radio which I just updated but the screen is rather small and tilted away from my DW to keep an eye on for me especially when I'm in traffic. I setup my over head TV so I can display RV trip wizard on it to follow but I don't have any idea how accurate it is even though it is supposed to be for motorhomes because it allows you to put all the critical information into the database for your profile. I already have a RV660 but it has had lots of issues this past year with constantly losing satellites, and basically staying running. I've been looking into the RV890 and RV1090. So my first question would you be more inclined to go with another Garmin vs. RV Trip Wizard? If Garmin is your pick which one would you pick the 890 or the 1090. I understand the 890 is 8" vs 10" for the 1090 and the 1090 is $100 more, why would you pick one over the other. Thanks.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote