Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #1

OK toll roads

Later this Fall we will travel I-44 from the OK/MO state line to west of Oklahoma City. We have a 2 axle motorhome and will be towing a SUV
  1. If I am interpreting the information on the website the toll will be $24 cash and $21.20 with the pass ... does this seem right?
  2. I drove part of the OK toll roads last year and found it very frustrating to pay the cash tolls ... can I buy a "single trip" pass to avoid stopping and digging out money to pay the tolls
  3. If I can't buy a single trip pass, what is the minimum pass I can buy
  4. What does the state of OK do with people from out of state who ignore the toll booths and just go through as though they had a pass

Thanks.

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #2

Don't have an answer for you. I agree that the tolls are a pain. How is someone from out of the area supposed to know that the unmanned toll booth demands exact change?
odinjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Most states, including Colorado (Denver area) and Florida (Miami) will take a picture of your tag and the toll will be mailed to you...along with an additional revenue generating "service fee" ....because you don't have a pass

Stinks.

Last time through OK, I don't recall them having a pass system...it would be nice if there were an EZ Pass (in use in the east central and NE around the whole country
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #4

If you don't pay--I think they will bill you by taking Picture of your tag. Maybe a fine. Not sure. I live in OK and we have pike pass . Not sure if they have a single use one. Doubt it. Now we have a sticker not a plastic thingamajig!!
Krashqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Been couple of years now and still no bill; I'll just keep waiting for it.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #6

The amount of toll sounds about right. I 44 is such a pain to us, we visit that area often and we avoid it by heading down the 71 in MO, which turns into the 540 in AR, turn west on the 412, it's a little slow through Siloam Springs and the Cherokee Turnpike has a toll on it but it's cheap. We turn south on the 69 and go down to I 40. OR you can go all the way to Ft Smith on the 540 and pick up I 40 there. All good roads.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

We just came west via I44 through OK last week with our two axle DP plus toad. As I recall, there were two $9.75 tolls and maybe one for a few dollars so your total is about right.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #8

I called the PikePass number today ... asked if they had a "one trip" ticky ... the answer was NO ...

However, I can open a $40 account ... then after I am done ... they will refund the unused portion ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We still have family in OK so we keep our Pikepass since it doesn't cost us anything unless we use it. Pikepass will replenish your account to the $40 amount as soon as it hits $15. I have changed my account, on-line, so that I have to manually replenish the funds. If we are going down in the car we just use the pass like that. If we are taking the RV we switch the account over to automatic payment or just authorize a one time payment so the outstanding balance is adequate for our trip. The new sensors stick onto the windshield and are not transferable or removable without destroying them.

I highly recommend getting and using the Pikepass because with cash you pay the whole toll and if you want to get off, say for gas or fuel, then you get a refund, based on your receipt. Pay again when you get back on. The Pikepass makes all that automatic. They will send you monthly or quarterly statements. I think I get them semi-annually now.

I did get a letter from them one time that I had failed to pay a toll and they provided a license plate number that was on my toad. Called the nice people up told them it was my toad and my vehicle was listed with four axles. They said thanks and that was the end of it. Something else you can do on-line is change the number of axles for a particular vehicle depending on if you are taking a toad/trailer or not. From what I've read here there are several states that require you to state your axles when you buy their pass and it can't be changed.