Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2019, 09:29 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Oklahoma toll roads

We are 8.5 feet wide plus our mirrors, 13 feet tall and 65 feet long including our road. Will we fit thru the toll booths and other devices?
How about in Missouri.
We are trying to find the best route from Kansas City to Albuquerque.
We were thinking to use I-70 but can use other routes if best or go thru Denver.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 09:38 PM   #2

Well if you're in Kansas City you can literally cross the street to get into Kansas depending upon where you are so I don't think that toll roads in Missouri would be much of an issue as I don't remember any in Kansas City. As for anywhere else, if a semi can fit you can too, so I wouldn't think it would be an issue although you should probably always shoot for the lane to the extreme far right if the others look narrow.
arcaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #3

I've gone through Oklahoma with a trailer in tow before. Yes, you will fit through toll booths just fine. Might feel tight, but the booths are set up for everything. You'll make it. IIRC, stick to the far right and you'll have a little more room. Those are normally better set up for truckers and other large items.

I can't recommend a good route for you. It's been too long since I was there. I do remember things being very open and easy to drive.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:39 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
It looks like your route may be 70 to 335 to 35 to 40 and your only toll would be to get around Oklahoma City to get to 40; I'm sure you've studied it more than I have so I may be wrong.

We traveled 44 to 40 in 2017 and were on 2 different toll roads as I recall. The toll booths were narrow but traversable. Their toll system is pretty antiquated and iPass and EZpass don't work.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:16 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
On I-40 west of OK City, at the town of Weatherford, OK, there is a fairly new (opened early 2017) campground called "Wanderlust Crossings". The owners designed it with big-rigs in mind as they were big-rig owners and said they had trouble finding big-rig friendly campgrounds when they first started out.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks all. We decided to take 83 south from I-70. Next stop Albuquerque.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote